Blue tooth for Shark Evo one 2 flip helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

adventuredon

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is using a different BT headset with the shark evo one 2 helmet? It comes ready made to accept the sharktooth BT set (interphone product) around£200. Just wondering if anyone has one of these helmets and uses a different BT set that has radio as well as other comms/gps etc. and without too much faffery to install?
PS not bought the helmet yet but seems like the only 2 that flip all the way over are this one and the LS2. Not really into the ROOF one as too many yobs on scooters wear them in London...oink

One plus two helmet which is brill.
Full autocom set up which connects sat nav and phone, ptt on handlebar operating a transceiver full rider pillion, bike to bike sat nav phone and bike to bike tx. Rx. Plus listen to music. Top setup.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I use this helmet. Connected to it is a Sena 10r. These are low profile and the battery I hide inside the lining if the helmet. Works great for me

I use this helmet. Connected to it is a Sena 10r. These are low profile and the battery I hide inside the lining if the helmet. Works great for me

thanks. is there enough space for the speakers in inside? Reviews seem to suggest you have to fudge the holes bigger etc. True?

One plus two helmet which is brill.
Full autocom set up which connects sat nav and phone, ptt on handlebar operating a transceiver full rider pillion, bike to bike sat nav phone and bike to bike tx. Rx. Plus listen to music. Top setup.

Thanks Tony, but since I have to start from fresh up, its basically the same cost and makes it much easier to transfer bikes (I dont see myself with the bandit past March). I like it and its such a whiz in traffic, silky smooth linear acceleration, but it's not a go do it all bike like the GS was. I reckon I'll probably go the Varadero/RT1150 or cheap GS 1150 route. Mainly as I can't keep anything safe enough in this neighbourhood of London!

Thanks Tony, but since I have to start from fresh up, its basically the same cost and makes it much easier to transfer bikes (I dont see myself with the bandit past March). I like it and its such a whiz in traffic, silky smooth linear acceleration, but it's not a go do it all bike like the GS was. I reckon I'll probably go the Varadero/RT1150 or cheap GS 1150 route. Mainly as I can't keep anything safe enough in this neighbourhood of London!
You are right it's not easily transferrable. Shame about the situation there.

thanks. is there enough space for the speakers in inside? Reviews seem to suggest you have to fudge the holes bigger etc. True?

With the std Sena speakers yes there is enough room. I think on the first evo helmets they were tight, but on version two they go straight in. A hot spoon works wonders sometimes. There is now a speaker upgrade option, not sure if they work with the 10r but they are more heavy duty and slightly larger than the std . Suppose to give better sound too obviously

Well I really wanted to like this Shark evo one 2 helmet as you can ride with visor down, it has a space for a blue tooth battery, price was what I was looking at and seemed good value.
And you can ride and not have the lid half up in a sail position, almost like a jet helmet. Went to try one on. Opened fine and went into lock position smoothly. But trying to put it back to full face mode, I couldn't put it on in the closed position (even though it was my size). Then more importantly I found that I struggled to get it loose from the back to close the lid. It was catching the spoiler. Lifting it and pulling it up was fine but then it wouldn't click into locked closed position. I took to lifting the chin bar and slamming it down. Like slamming and almost going blind from the jarring! Still wouldn't engage the lock. Slammed it a good few times, no joy. So I swapped to a different Shark helmet to see if it was just that one. Yep, it closed from behind the head smoothly, but again I couldn't get it to click lock in the position. Slam or no slam it wouldn't lock easily. So I guess the manufacturing is where the cost savings come from. Told the sales guy and he said it may need adjusting. 2 helmets, 2 not want I was expecting failures. It looks slick and easy etc on the videos but I found them a bit too basic in their mechanisms to like it enough. Fit was good and visor was long enough. As its advertised, it is a good mid price helmet which packs features but I know these little irks will get me soon enough (like wind buffeting on an AT - small niggles, but niggles I don't want from a new piece of kit) costly mistakes learned a while ago! So I went trying the others. Wow the Shoei Neotec 2 feels class, just slick in every aspect in comparison, but at £575 its out of my budget. Add comms and its £750 -half the cost of my bloody bike! Can't have that... I liked the HJC R Alpha 90 but the best feeling one was a Schuberth C4, on special for £350. So I am now looking into this as a new helmet. Having the blue tooth ready to drop in is a plus and seems a no brainer, so I'll be researching Schuberth and their SC1 Standard comms kit tonight. Comms kit is going to be another £160. Comes with 5 year warranty, all wired in, just pop the slimline blue tooth unit inside. Seems a very good deal. Anyone care to comment?

So went to another shop. Tried the Shark again. Open and closes fine when off the head. Put it on, and again it wouldnt click into place. Sales guy was quite shocked and will be speaking to the suppliers re this new trend. I'll take a video next time, as its really weird that it won't lock back in place. Started liking the R alpha 90 and also the older version the R alpha Max2 which is a 2014 one. Caberg deal is going to be £520 for helmet and comms. R alpha is around £375 plus sena 10r @£185 so around £550. Alpha max is around £330 all in...mmmm
Like the feel of the Schuberth, but it doesn't lock in the open position, the others do. Like the integrated blue tooth but from reading it seems you cant actually be heard if the visor itself is open, let alone the flip up. So am now leaning towards the HJC. Just in case anyone is interested...lol :)

well just go and look at an evoline 3, in many respects a better helmet, will take the same blue tooth units although WHY is the wonder, the sharktooth ones are massively overpriced and very basic

well just go and look at an evoline 3, in many respects a better helmet, will take the same blue tooth units although WHY is the wonder, the sharktooth ones are massively overpriced and very basic

yes I know the sharktooth is overpriced. Its a basic interphone unit. I intended to use a sens 10r with it.

Off to try it on tomorrow I reckon. At times I hate the amount of information available on the internet. As good as it is, it was so easier in days gone when you asked a salesman for his advice (cos he had the gear and ideas) and got a reply, then bought said item. Now it's review, research, price compare..grr. I am quite determined though to buy from the high street to help the dealers out. Thanks for the tip, now I have something more to research...lol

Off to try it on tomorrow I reckon. At times I hate the amount of information available on the internet. As good as it is, it was so easier in days gone when you asked a salesman for his advice (cos he had the gear and ideas) and got a reply, then bought said item. Now it's review, research, price compare..grr. I am quite determined though to buy from the high street to help the dealers out. Thanks for the tip, now I have something more to research...lol

If you want a retailer that really knows their stuff, will give you unbiassed opinion (even recommending kit they don't sell) AND offer a price match against any other UK or EU retailer or website, look no further than Motolegends in Guildford.

I don't always agree with their views and opinions but they've always been worth listening to. Good coffee too...

If you want a retailer that really knows their stuff, will give you unbiassed opinion (even recommending kit they don't sell) AND offer a price match against any other UK or EU retailer or website, look no further than Motolegends in Guildford.

I don't always agree with their views and opinions but they've always been worth listening to. Good coffee too...

cheers, will bear in mind. Just checked this out...wow the evoline 3 is noisy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HJNG3fVS7I

cheers, will bear in mind. Just checked this out...wow the evoline 3 is noisy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HJNG3fVS7I

I've got a Shark Evo One 2 (fitted with Sharktooth Prime, the new Shark bluetooth, which is excellent btw). It's no noisier than my Schuberth C3 or E1. Noise is a very personal issue, arising from bike, screen, rider and helmet combinations. What's noisy for one rider isn't for another. The only real way to find out is to try...

I use an Evoline 3, love it and have SenaSmh10 fitted.
They don’t close and latch as easily as some and require two hands, one front and one back. Dead easy after a few goes.

Tried the Evo one 2 and found that you need again to use both hands, but squeeze both side rather than front back. Again something that would very quickly become second nature. It would not put me off buying one, kind of gives the impression that it would come apart less easily under unfortunate circumstances.

Btw, choice of coms is usually dictated by who you might want to communicate with.

Thinking of moving to Cardo Packtalks this year though my Sena has been flawless with up to group of 4.

I use an Evoline 3, love it and have SenaSmh10 fitted.
They don’t close and latch as easily as some and require two hands, one front and one back. Dead easy after a few goes.

Tried the Evo one 2 and found that you need again to use both hands, but squeeze both side rather than front back. Again something that would very quickly become second nature. It would not put me off buying one, kind of gives the impression that it would come apart less easily under unfortunate circumstances.

Btw, choice of coms is usually dictated by who you might want to communicate with.

Thinking of moving to Cardo Packtalks this year though my Sena has been flawless with up to group of 4.

I have had 3 evoline and now on evo one 2, to be honest neither are the quietest but what idiot would ride with out ear plugs anyway, and with plugs both fine, both are very easy to operate with one hand the technique for each is different but it took about 30 seconds to work out how so not really and issue, only reason I have the evo one is that when it got it, it was 50 quid cheaper other than that would have had another evoline, the pinlock system is a PIA and i have had fogging between the visor and the pin lock so dont know how efficient it is in reality anyway.
Cant comment on the blue tooth, I cannot think of anything worse that talking to sombody else whilst riding, I like my own world and NOT being able to, put my ear plugs in, listen to music or audio book, no blue tooth batteries to run out, just old school tech and I want ear plugs anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom