Lost me licence!

Bin Ridin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Well,

Lost the licence, so set about getting a new one. Did the online thing, printed off the form, got it signed by Garda in B'rock. Went up to the NDLS place in Leopardstown, was in queue at 0830, opens at 9 and I was done by 0910h. Great service, I must say!!

BTW, having your PS card is handy because then you don't need any other ID / Address / PRS number stuff.

I was asked to ID a couple of people while working in Naas in 2010, and it turned out these workers at the factory were drawing benefit in several places. So if something is done to stop this, I am all for it and see it as long overdue. There may be reasons to object but the control of impersonation seems very important to me.

Neither have I. It’s just the way it’s been handled. There have been a few u turns on it. The rsa said you must have one to apply for a license or some paperwork during the process. I think it has been reversed. Some elderly lady was refused her entitlement of oap payments because she refused to get one. She is being payd now. Of course there should be some form of ID card. The only people not wanting one have something to lose by its introduction. That includes members of the legal profession. JJH

It’s been sold as a social service card. Why should one have to have it for a driving test? JJH

Fixed it for you.

Well,

Lost the licence, so set about getting a new one. Did the online thing, printed off the form, got it signed by Garda in B'rock. Went up to the NDLS place in Leopardstown, was in queue at 0830, opens at 9 and I was done by 0910h. Great service, I must say!!

BTW, having your PS card is handy because then you don't need any other ID / Address / PRS number stuff.

And then found my original licence in my jacket pocket!

Reminds me of my passport. My ex and I ‘agreed’ I should find somewhere else to live. I did. Anyway, we continued to play out the end of our love song and went to go on holiday Greece. I’d moved in March. Start of June was the holiday. Couldn’t find the passport. She went I followed four days later. We kept going for a while before the encore and exit stage left.

Anyway, when I moved earlier this year, I found the lost passport in the freezer. It was then I remembered drinking the guts of s bottle of black bush and hiding it in a safe place. Good grief!!! I guess I’ll tell her where I found it if I meet her again.

I know a bloke who can knock you up a licence, as recommended by Guy Martin.

There’s a few bogus licenses going around. People are so stupid that they think that after giving €50 for one that they can go trough official channels to renew it! Seriously. Gobshites. JJH

Back
Top Bottom