Side-case locks jammiong

freddyfruitbat

Reaction score
Hope this is the right place to post this plea for help - it actually relates to panniers on my R1200RS, but having received no response in an RS-only forum I'm hoping that the wider BMW community, with similar panniers locks?, might be able to help...

I've recently had to rekey a set of OEM luggage for my RS. That process went great, and the actual locking/unlocking is fine (ie the lock barrels rotate as they should), however having reassembled the case locks I cannot get the actual 'opening' mechanism to work. When I tug the grey lever which should open the case, the lugs don't disengage properly, and I've had a hell of a job prising the case open without damaging it. The problem is evidently that the metal locking pins (indicated by the pencil) are not moving quite far enough to release the lug on the lid... it needs to move further outwards (ie, downwards in my photo) - it's moving, but just not far enough.

The same thing originally happened on the first pannier; I dismantled the lock from scratch and reassembled it having found nothing wrong, and hey presto, this time it worked, and that pannier is fine now! No idea why. But with the second case, after two more tear-downs it's still not working and I can't see for the life of me what's wrong. It's doing my head in. :banghead: Anybody got a clue for me?

Attachments

• pannier.jpg
    pannier.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 73

Back
Top Bottom