Mains LED outdoor security lights.

Rugged Path

The Honourable.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Moved house so looking to buy some outdoor security lighting with PIR sensor for the 10m driveway up to the garage (no street lighting).
Limited drive width especially for the car so more light spread for the wife to see the better
Reviews of what’s available such as B&Q say they eventually let in water or lights are yellowy in glow.

Any suggestions for an EU made item which has a long directional beam spread and mains operated (not solar)?

Thanks

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

Used to get them from ebay but everyone of them was garbage. Last one I got from wicks and its 3 years old and still works fine.

As for EU made? Everything is asia, doesn't matter whos name is on it.

Led? This can be a false economy. Most led lights around the £40 to 50 mark are Chinese made. The LEDs and driver's usually fail within 3 years and in most cases less than 2.

I had two 50watt LEDs fail at 18 months. They cost £ 92 in total.

When you think you can purchase 300w traditional our lights for less than a tenner a pop and replacement bulbs for a quid. I wonder if you save on the running costs of led lights when u include the purchase price.

I did manage to repair the two 50w led lights. You can purchase a new led assembly and driver for about £6 delivered from eBay. As long as you are handy with a soldering iron then easy repair.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Find out where the ones the garage next door to me got theirs.
The fucking solar farm I think going by how bright my bedroom is from sunset to sunrise!!!!

Back
Top Bottom