Best town - West Coast of Scotland.

Sorry, whereabouts on the west coast is the East Neuk of Fife, I may have missed it on my travels. :blast
Now now. Be nice. Would you come out with a comment like that in a normal pub?

Actually good point. Keep forgetting about Fife as a possible destination.

Now now. Be nice. Would you come out with a comment like that in a normal pub?

I'd probably be too busy pissing myself when someone was asking about a good town on the west coast, but after I'd stopped laughing, yes I would question whereabouts on the west is the east neuk of fife.

Brora and Golspie? Oh sweet Jesus - no! :blast

One-horse towns with nothing going for them.

Since when was Strathtay or Pitlochry on the west coast :blast

I'd avoid Dunoon purely due to it being so close to Greenock, Pailsey and Glesgae, i.e. shitholes.

Fort Bill is a dump in my opinion but does have a lot going on but as stated, feck me, that coast get some rain.

Sorry, whereabouts on the west coast is the East Neuk of Fife, I may have missed it on my travels. :blast

I'd probably be too busy pissing myself when someone was asking about a good town on the west coast, but after I'd stopped laughing, yes I would question whereabouts on the west is the east neuk of fife.

Are you having a bad day?

Dave suggested Pitlochry as one of his possibles.

Other than that, most folk are able to be at least a bit positive and offer what they think may be helpful suggestions. Try it.

Portpatrick sw Scotland. Dunoon no, Helensburgh,just becoming a Glasgow suburb.

Do you want to walk to pubs/ restaurants or drive.

Portpatrick sw Scotland. Dunoon no, Helensburgh,just becoming a Glasgow suburb.

Do you want to walk to pubs/ restaurants or drive.

Preferably walk. Like the idea of ‘nipping down the pub’. Have lived in the sticks for years so that’s never really been an option.

Are you having a bad day?

Dave suggested Pitlochry as one of his possibles.

Other than that, most folk are able to be at least a bit positive and offer what they think may be helpful suggestions. Try it.

You may have missed it but I also said earlier that Strathtay nor Pitlochry are west coast, do hope that helps.

Brora and Golspie? Oh sweet Jesus - no! :blast

One-horse towns with nothing going for them.

Matter of opinion me thinks:rolleyes: Spent quite a bit of time in my youth in Golspie - and I was never bored:p

They are both small towns admittedly - but a few pubs etc in each, stunning beaches, great walking and scenery plus superb biking roads on the doorstep.
It all depends what AA is looking for - bigger isn't always better:eek: look at Inverness, that used to be a "nice wee town" now it's all sprawling bungalow estates and fast becoming too big.

Cheers................Grizzly:beerjug:

Inverness / Aviemore area for me.
Plus East / NE coast has some great roads, much better weather and since it is Scotland can easily do anything on the West coast in a day but makes a nice two day 600 miler.
If need be, around Stirling to get a genuine access to the prime city areas, but easy access to all the biking areas.
Finally Ayr, the town needs some updating but has some decent pubs / restaurants and again has easy roads to link into the main biking areas.

It might be worth considering Stranraer or Ayr ( or the outskirts ) it could tick your boxes .

Back
Top Bottom