Help needed in Kildare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breeze

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi ,
Hope ye are having a great Christmas.
I'm new to this whole posting business, but I was wondering could any of you recommend a good BMW Mechanic that could carryout a service and diagnose am intermittend misfire on my 2011 R1200gs preferably in the Kildare area?

Thanks

Micheál

I copied this post to a new thread for you Micheál. Hopefully you'll get sorted from here.

Mark is definitely your man..........I think he is taking a bit of paternity leave (hope that's the correct terminology) at the moment.

Sent from a U11

Give the bike a blast with plenty of WD40 & check all the connections.
There is Maddock and Joe Duffy as well.

Was going to recommend Biketec, the GS-911 distributors based in Rathangan but looks like they are not active any longer...

Might be worth ringing to see if they can recommend anything.. 0876794545

There's a lad in Tullamore apparently. Wanderingmerv was telling me about him recently. I'll see if I can prod him to share some details...

PS : Welcome Micheál :thumb

Give the bike a blast with plenty of WD40 & check all the connections.There is Maddock and Joe Duffy as well.

PLEASE DO NOT do this with WD40 !!

If you can find something like GT85, or 3 in 1 with Silicone, or ACF50 etc something that has silicone or PTFE in it will not usually attack rubber as the WD40 can damage the rubbers !!! Its horrendous stuff and should not go near the switchgear on anything after an airhead!!!

Is it misfiring under load when 1) you try to accelerate or 2) Just after you lift it off the sidestand and start it

If 1 its likely a stick coil

If 2 its likely water in the tank via a blocked tank filler drain

Thanks for the replies folks,
It normally happens when the bike is hot typically when pulling away at a junction , its more of a nuisance than anything else but has caught me out a few times.

I'm hoping a good service will sort it out.

Definitely mark in platinum will sort you out. He’s a devil for taking brakes. But worth the wait to get to him. Maddocks in near Bray is very expensive. JJH

It normally happens when the bike is hot typically when pulling away at a junction.

A GS911 reading for live data when the engine is hot is what is needed

Sometimes these buggers run so lean they stall when just opening throttle

A booster plug or Accelerator module which trick the engine into believing that the intake air temp is much colder so enriches the mixture

Disconnecting the Lamda probes will induce a standard non adaptive map which "usually" means richer running "plus" negates the effect the lamda can have on the mixture if one of them is faulty

Also live data will also show if you have a duff Throttle position sensor as it tells the ECU how open the throttle is and hence how much fuel to stuff in

If its not right and you open the throttle and it does not add extra fuel it will stall

Water in tank is also a possibility but would normally happen hot or cold

Hi from near Straffan,

There is a real nice guy in Tullamore who looks after my bike, John Tilly. 0872407760

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom