Gs bars and Oxford heated grips

Posh Pete

Still got a pulse.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ready to put things back together again and since the LH heated grip is u/s thought I might fit non oem grips but will they fit the oem bars? :nenau

Yeabut,Oxford products are shit:D

The oem trips aren't brilliant either and i really can't be arsed threading the cable back through the bars, soldering the ends AND finding a replacement for the dud lh grip! :D

Happy to get suggestions for better alternatives!

What glue will you be using on the grips? I only ask as I have an oxford grip loose on my Ducati MS, and not sure whether to use superglue. Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

I have recently fitted the new type Oxford Touring grips to my GS and they fitted OK they also work fine with lots of settings and battery saving mode. There are 2 things that need watching first t the throttle grip routing of the cable and also carefully measure the space at the inner end of the throttle tube as you need to leave clearance where the throttle body protrudes towards the grip. I did not leave enough clearance and ended up cutting back the body slightly. Otherwise easy to fit and they work well.

Barny

What glue will you be using on the grips? I only ask as I have an oxford grip loose on my Ducati MS, and not sure whether to use superglue. Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

MUST be OXFORD glue ( say's so in the box :D )....my new one's have been opened before I bought them and the actual glue was missing...so off back to the dealers next week for a replacement/refund etc. Dealers did say Oxford are upping their game and have opened massive new units to get in the better manufactured items ( although another recent purchase didn't fit properly ! )

Technology on battery powered heated gloves has improved lately, and I think they are now a viable alternative.
I have a pair of Venture brand and they perform above my expectations, better than the Oxford grips they replaced.

The oem trips aren't brilliant either and i really can't be arsed threading the cable back through the bars, soldering the ends AND finding a replacement for the dud lh grip! :D

Happy to get suggestions for better alternatives!
I use symtec heat demons.
They are a grip heating foil which fits under the grip.
No electronic control unit to fail,and have the advantage of being able to replace the existing elements and reusing the standard switches etc,
As for threading the wiring back through the bars??
It really is not difficult:thumb

I find that any one of the proprietary brands of grip glue work a treat. :blast

I bought some resistance wire and wound it over the normal grips, then fitted heatshrink over that. Gives better thermal insulation from metal handlebars, with more heat going direct into hands/gloves. Cheap option!

Update! I checked the wiring of the.grips again and confirmed that the problem is in the Sub loom to the heated grips: the.resistance wire in the lh grip is fine. I assume that flexing over the years has broken one of the wires in the lead.

So, I just called Mworks thinking they might have a 2nd hand sub harness for the heated grips. They did ...

£175 quid!!!!!!!!

Out comes the soldering iron!

Back
Top Bottom