F750GS Hand Guards

RichardD

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I bought my bike without any hand guards - a decision I'm now regretting a bit...

I am really looking for weather protection, rather than for off-road use.

Are the ones provided in the "Exclusive" package (see below) adequate, or do you guys recommend something a bit larger?

BMW handguards with Givi extensions make winter riding with summer gloves possible. Recommended!

Thanks for the recommendation.

Reading a bit more about this, it seems a few brands (e.g Barkbusters and Machineart) will not fit this bike if the TFT display is fitted - due to lack of clearance - so that rules a few out.

I might try the Powerbronze as it’s a significantly lower cost than the BMW/Givi combination.

ef41c661c90976b14487b4737cb29609.jpg

65f52af24aaf31693635dab1b28e4a0b.jpg

I got a F850 and Barkbusters fits.. The metal bar is less than one inche away from the fairings and TF, but if it's properly fixed I don't believe there is a problem.
I got the simple plastic protector, which is good for most of the time. maybe during the summer i will remove it..

If you want to have a look, I can post a picture this weekend

I got a F850 and Barkbusters fits.. The metal bar is less than one inche away from the fairings and TF, but if it's properly fixed I don't believe there is a problem.
I got the simple plastic protector, which is good for most of the time. maybe during the summer i will remove it..

I would be interested to see a picture if possible.

Based on today's ride the standard BMW hand guards seem to work well, although it was dry so not sure about how well they keep rain off but they definitely seem to keep the wind off. Unlike the standard short screen which does very little!

I've ended up ordering some Givi HP5129 hand guards. These seem to be a little larger than the BMW's - and also quite a bit cheaper.

HP5129_1_f750.jpg

I'll post some real pictures and opinions when they arrive and I've fitted them.

Well done - I’ve got the BMW ones as they came with the bike as part of the style option which I wanted for the color scheme.

Well done - I’ve got the BMW ones as they came with the bike as part of the style option which I wanted for the color scheme.

Yeah,I was tempted to get that option, but (as usual) the pack contained some things I didn’t want...

I went for the Stereo Exclusive Grey colour option that included these. I already had the Givi extensions from my R1200GSA.

Out of interest, I asked Barkbusters about fitting their products with the TFT on the F750GS. This was their response:

Thanks for your enquiry and interest in Barkbusters products.

We are currently developing a complete hardware kit for the F750/850GS models with TFT. However, this will not be available until later this year.

In the meantime if you are only seeking coverage for maximum weather protection then you may be able to fit our BBZ-001 “Blizzard” fabric handguards.
See here: https://barkbusters.net/products/bbz/3487-bbz-001/
These fabric guards are wind/waterproof and provide the most coverage for hands/controls but due to fabric construction they do not interfere with controls, displays, screens, fairings.
NOTE: Due to the M10mm original bar end bolt on the F750GS you would need to make one small modification to the BBZ guards to allow them to fit your bike. Since the BBZ is designed for M8mm bolts it would mean drilling out item #2 and also the thin alloy strip under the fabric guard. This would allow you to mount with your original bar end bolt directly to the outside of your bar weights.
See below:-

For complete instruction see here: https://barkbusters.net/wp-content/uploads/INS-BBZ-001-01-1.pdf

The Givi HP5129 arrived today (very fast delivery from Italy). They are simple to fit - using one of the bolts from the mirror base. They seem well-finished and fit very well, although they are still (like all others) a crazy amount of money for some plastic and a few bolts.

However, they do the job - and that's all that matters:

Compatibility

I went for the Stereo Exclusive Grey colour option that included these. I already had the Givi extensions from my R1200GSA.

Stonehenge I’ve been looking for a solution and the Givi extenders make sense but the reference to Givi EH5108 part makes no compatibility statement for the 750? They are available from Amazon for just under £65 delivered which seems reasonable? Can you confirm it’s the same part?

Stonehenge I’ve been looking for a solution and the Givi extenders make sense but the reference to Givi EH5108 part makes no compatibility statement for the 750? They are available from Amazon for just under £65 delivered which seems reasonable? Can you confirm it’s the same part?

Sorry. Just seen this. The R1200GS ones fit but you need to cut off a little bit near the screw hole. As the handguards are slightly different.

Cutting involves tools......not allowed near tools. Contacted Givi...they advise

Regarding your email no these won’t fit you will need the below. Part number HP5129 these are in stock retail without vat £82.50 (£99 inc Vat) To purchase any Givi products, simply contact your local Givi stockist / retailer, details of which can be found via the banner heading of “Distribution” on the Givi.co.uk website. Thank you for contacting Givi UK.

If I'm buying new I'll go Barkbusters and leave the clever stuff to yous lot, £123 for the mounting kit and full storm guards https://chainspeed.co.uk/shop-by-bi...d-kit-for-bmw-r1200gs-lc-gsa-lc-r1250-gs-gsa/ (Note these may not fit if you have a TFT screen)

I spent 30 mins trying to find a dropped bolt last night. :D

Back
Top Bottom