Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trade in Prices on Bmw bikes

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    You should be looking for an 1150 not a 1200, save £8000 and have just as much riding fun!

Traded my 2016 GSA TE in a few weeks ago against a new 1250

Have seen what they are now selling my old bike for through BMW approved used and it is £1,350 more than what they gave me

We'll all have different opinions on that but I don't think that's too unreasonable considering it will come with a 2 year warranty, which is all I got when I bought it new

So you may get one at a better price buying privately but that warranty to me would be very reassuring if I am spending that sort of money on a bike

Quote Originally Posted by delamitri View Post
    Traded my 2016 GSA TE in a few weeks ago against a new 1250

Have seen what they are now selling my old bike for through BMW approved used and it is £1,350 more than what they gave me

We'll all have different opinions on that but I don't think that's too unreasonable considering it will come with a 2 year warranty, which is all I got when I bought it new

So you may get one at a better price buying privately but that warranty to me would be very reassuring if I am spending that sort of money on a bike
    I don’t think that’s bad at all, considering they’re putting a two year warranty on, possibly a tyre or two, and a full check/ service. So many people moaning about dealers making too much money, but they’d be moaning more if there weren’t enough dealers.

Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty KTMer View Post
    I don’t think that’s bad at all, considering they’re putting a two year warranty on, possibly a tyre or two, and a full check/ service. So many people moaning about dealers making too much money, but they’d be moaning more if there weren’t enough dealers.
    Agree totally, there profit margin ain't that big when you consider the above and the taxman wants his slice.

And dont fall for any dealer offering a trade only sale,

Dealers cannot offer trade only sales conditions to the public - it only applys dealer to dealer!

iits often used as a way out of negating there obligations under the consumer rights act!

Any vehicle bought by a non trader from a dealer is covered by the CRA - regardless of what they say.

Had i known that within the required timeframe, id be on a different bike now

Quote Originally Posted by DING-DONG View Post
    Agree totally, there profit margin ain't that big when you consider the above and the taxman wants his slice.
    On another site, someone was justifying a new bike on the basis of what he was offered to trade - taking into account what he was faced with paying in this next quarter on his current bike:

New tyres: £250
    Battery: £80
    New Chain/sprockets: £150-£200
    Warranty: £1,400 (for 3yrs at BMW rates)

It started to look like a reasonable justification.
    If I am ever on life support - Unplug me......
    Then plug me back in..........

See if that works .....

Quote Originally Posted by The Nutty KTMer View Post
    To be fair it was only serviced a few months ago and has a pair of PR4s with only 1500 miles of wear on them so apart from cleaning it I would think it would be good to go
    Still think that's reasonable though

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12