Breathalyser

Kamikasi, this is part of what I am trying to resolve, also, My prefered tipple would be a glass of red wine at home in the evening.
What devices would give a reasonable indication at 7 or 8am

Kamikasi, this is part of what I am trying to resolve, also, My preferred tipple would be a glass of red wine at home in the evening.
What devices would give a reasonable indication at 7 or 8am

If it's any help I've an Alcosense Lite and it does seem to work. Had 11 days over Christmas to carry out many tests !
Based on 1 hour per unit plus 1 hour from when you START drinking it does seem to give correct reading.
What I would say if it gives any alcohol reading in the morning such as 0.2 which is supposedly Ok to drive I would wait until it gave a Zero (lo) reading.

If red is 13% and you even drank a large 250ml (1/3 bottle) so 3.2 (4) units.
Start drinking it at 9pm and all gone by 2am. So 7am is not a problem.

Some sites say from when you stop drinking but your body doesn't wait until you have finished then decide to metabolise the alcohol, it does it continually.

All based on Alcohol awareness course we did a while back, so may of course be bollocks.

Is driving over the limit the only criminal offence you can commit without knowing?

Of course you know. Your just taking a chance. How many people use the excuse that they didn’t realize they were speeding when caught. JJH

Of course you know. Your just taking a chance. How many people use the excuse that they didn’t realize they were speeding when caught. JJH
You know when you're speeding because you have a speedometer.

There's no way to know if you've more than 35ug/100ml alcohol in your breath.

You know when you're speeding because you have a speedometer.

There's no way to know if you've more than 35ug/100ml alcohol in your breath.

It’s very easy to keep it less. Anything else is gambling for your license or worse. Simple don’t drink and drive. Breathilzer is in here in Ireland since late 70s. No excuses. JJH

Simple answer if you are going out and driving don't drink.

If you are going out for the evening for a drink and driving /riding the next day either don't drink or don't be an arse and get sh*t faced .

Limit yourself to a couple of drinks (not pints of red wine or vodka) and you will be fine.

Never had any sympathy for drink drivers including those that were stopped the morning after and were often two or three times the limit

It’s very easy to keep it less. Anything else is gambling for your license or worse. Simple don’t drink and drive. Breathilzer is in here in Ireland since late 70s. No excuses. JJH
All very well, but that's not the law. The law doesn't say you can't drink and drive, it says you can't have more than 35 ug/100ml alcohol in your breath.

You could avoid a speeding fine by never driving faster than walking pace.

I would like to think i am being responsable by trying to establish some parameters. I don't drink to get drunk, I would be paranoid about embarrising myself. We live in a rural area, 3 miles from the nearest pub, but we have good friends and neighbours nearby, and would typicaly have dinner in ours or their houses at the weekend, with wine. If you are having a good chat, and someone is topping up your glass, you can't be sure what your unit intake is. I am fortunate that I can work at home and be flexable about driving times.
Again, If I had a device that said I was near 0 at 7 am, I would be happy to wait till 9am to be sure.

There are many alcohol free drinks you could imbibe instead its like back at work yesterday one or two commented were they "overdid the food and drink". Well no one forced you to eat or drink excessively only yourself.

There are many alcohol free drinks you could imbibe instead its like back at work yesterday one or two commented were they "overdid the food and drink". Well no one forced you to eat or drink excessively only yourself.
Are there though? If you have grown up tastes and don't like sugary stuff there aren't too many options.

There are a couple of almost acceptable alcohol-free beers now, but the options are limited.

Is driving over the limit the only criminal offence you can commit without knowing?

They are called Absolute or Strict Liability offences.
There is no requirement to prove intention i.e. there is no defence of 'I didn't know'.
Examples of such (traffic offences) are:
Drink Driving - It is no defence to say ' I didn't know the punch was that strong'.
Speeding - its no defence to say 'oh the speedo is wrong', or 'I didn't notice the speed limit sign'.
Failing to stop at a stop sign....that kind of thing.

Back
Top Bottom