ANYONE GOT ANYTHING PLANNED THIS YEAR?

Plans? I’m shit at planning and my wife is determined that she’s going to get a two week bike trip in this year after her health issues last year so it’ll be interesting to see how she copes with my scatter gun approach compared to her normal spreadsheet and project management tactics when it comes to planning holidays :D

I’m not 100% convinced I’ll get away with sitting on the ferry looking at the weather forecast as we sail into the Hoek of Holland before deciding where we’re going that day but as long as we visit at least one city where we can do a bit of sight seeing and I avoid dirt roads at all costs we should avoid any major arguments.

I have a trip sort of booked. Well, the time is booked from work and I have paid a deposit on a ferry. Wed 18 Sept out from Portsmouth at 12 noon. Arrive Bilbao 12.45 day after. Home from Santander on 29 Sept 17.15 to Portsmouth on 30 Sept at 20.45

Hotels only. Vary from Paradors at £100+ per night to a pension where half board is 50 euros a night. I prefer to book 2-3 nights in one place and then tour the area.

Probably do a bit in SW France to start and then cross into Spain on the N260 etc. Quite happy for someone to tag along. Due to the terrain, daily mileage is unlikely to exceed 300 miles and maybe just 150.

Even on group trips I might decide to travel solo during the day so you would need to be able to find a pre-arranged rendezvous such as a pre-booked hotel. Having done many group trips, some I organised, some by others here or even commercial groups, I find everyone has different preferences in terms of stops for photos, food, fuel range, stamina ad infinitum. It's nice to have company when dining.

Portugal End Feb
Morocco End March
Pyrenees End May
Pyrenees Mid September 1 place still available if anyone is interested PM me for all the details
All above trips are Adventure Trail Tours
Mark

Me and the missus are flying to Nepal for a 10 day tour then staying for an extra 2wks that we'll make up as we go. Then a 10 day stopover in India as connecting flight home goes via Mumbai. No idea what we're gonna do while we're there yet either, but it will involve hiring a bike.
Never been that far East so a bit of a step out of our comfort zone.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

For the first time in years we haven't got a big bike trip booked, nor time to take one. I'm not after sympathy - it's only because wedding and honeymoon plans are taking all our annual leave!

We have got a weekend in June to Assen MotoGP, and a weekend in August for Silverstone.

We plan to make up some touring miles with a couple weekend trips in the UK.

Have you arranged transport for your bikes if not check out Linda shock on this site as she took my 1290 from Liverpool to Bulgaria one way for £475

No big bike trip this year by the looks of it, which is bloody frustrating as there's a shiney new 1250 GSA sat in the garage pleading with me to take her away somewhere

Getting married in a few months and apparently it's traditional to go away together after the event?

She wont get on the back of the bike so i'm trying to persuade her that taking her Z4 to Switzerland and Austria would make a lovely honeymoon, probably the next best thing to doing it on a bike

heading for Romania end of July.....ferry to Zeebrugge then no plan.....head for Vienna..Budapest and Romania.....11 / 12 days....

heading for Romania end of July.....ferry to Zeebrugge then no plan.....head for Vienna..Budapest and Romania.....11 / 12 days....

Hope its not end of July? You’re in Scotland with us tossers 3rd to 6th August?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heading to moto gp in Austria. Probably getting eurotunnel early Monday morning 5th August. Mix of camping ad hotel. Aiming to be at Moto GP by Thursday evening so 2 days motorway ish, 2 days enjoying the rides and routes. Leaving moto gp Sunday, overnight around Zell am Zee and then more planning needed. Applications welcome !lol

Heading for Benidorm in September....... Afternoon teas, church architecture and creative art.

Back
Top Bottom