Exhaust Recommends for 1290

I checked with Wings, the exhausts do need repacking, but they do not say how often, only that they will get noisy and the pipe will get hot spots and discolour. You need to drill out the rivets to re-pack the silencer.

At £500 I do not want to be hacking it open after a year or so!

I checked with Wings, the exhausts do need repacking, but they do not say how often, only that they will get noisy and the pipe will get hot spots and discolour. You need to drill out the rivets to re-pack the silencer.

I think you over think stuff a tad :D

30,000 miles on and my Wings Shorty's not got any louder (at all) and is still the best looking silencer out there (cut down Yoshi excepted).

Andres

I’ve read a blurb last night....

Here is in in black and white. Ps it is no different to Arrow, Akrapovic, Remus to name a few. They all will need sooner or later doing. How often, does depend on maintenance, rider and riding stile, if running a allot at high RPM, dB baffles out, and if bike is a single or a twin cylinder.

a41ac8f152d81041ceed9a1ed2ad8744.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 1/2 years and 26K - No hot spots visible.

May be louder than when new, but don't know and don't care. I've not polled my neighbours on the subject as I try and avoid contact as much as possible.

26K - No hot spots.

May be louder than when new, but don't know and don't care. I've not polled my neighbours on the subject as I try and avoid contact as much as possible.

:jes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30k sounds reasonable, probably of bought two more bikes by then.

Starting new job next month, if it looks Ok after 1st week I will get my order in :)

Back
Top Bottom