When's The Next Ride Out... (ever?)

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

The Summer is nearly passed and there's a distinct lack of (organised or otherwise) ride outs on here methinks. In view of threads in other sections, where members seem to getting much too personal and insulting, isn't it about time that we remembered why we joined this forum in the first place?

:confused:

Ronno

(thinking about joining a Crochet forum for Kamaraderie )

I’m game Ronno, can we make it in a couple of weeks time ?
so that I can organise some time off. Sunday 7th ??

Meet somewhere central….. Creif ? Granton ?

G C

My next ride out is two weeks in europe :D

Seriously, I enquired about one of the last ride outs and was supposed to have been pm'd with the details. Never happened, so I had to go to Glencoe with the missus :( :D

Perhaps it's a clique thing? ;)

Ronno said:
The Summer is nearly passed and there's a distinct lack of (organised or otherwise) ride outs on here methinks. In view of threads in other sections, where members seem to getting much too personal and insulting, isn't it about time that we remembered why we joined this forum in the first place?

:confused:

Ronno

(thinking about joining a Crochet forum for Kamaraderie )

I think you'd make a damn fine organiser for the Scottish section Ronno, I'm free most Sundays given a couple of days notice, email me if you wish.

PS I know where Granton is but where the :eek::eek::eek::eek: is Creif GC? ;) :D

Re: Re: When's The Next Ride Out... (ever?)

PS I know where Granton is but where the :eek::eek::eek::eek: is Creif GC? ;) :D [/B]

Robbo, I could take you there but I cant spell Krieff………:eek:

Kai, later in the month should be good for me, as long as I have a couple of weeks notice I can make the time. :)

G C

Come on then Ronno its up to you, get your organising heid on, I am not free this Sunday but the 7th, 14th & 28th August are good for me.

Everythings been a bit quiet this year.
This weekend ... a wedding.
Hols from 26aug.
That leaves the bit inbetween free if weather is nice.

OK...how about Sunday, 7th August? 1030 at Crieff.

Run over to Aberfeldy, Pitlochry, over Moulin Moor to pick up the Blairgowrie/ Braemar road. Stop of somewhere for lunch. Up over by Tomintoul and head over to the A9 for home run and let G.C head back over to Fort William.

That's only my suggestion. Anyone with other ideas is more than welcome...

Good to see so many up for it at this early stage.

:beerjug:

Ronno

Re: Re: When's The Next Ride Out... (ever?)

Robbo7822 said:
I think you'd make a damn fine organiser for the Scottish section Ronno, I'm free most Sundays given a couple of days notice, email me if you wish.

PS I know where Granton is but where the :eek::eek::eek::eek: is Creif GC? ;) :D

Hi Robbo, I think this is roughly the run Ronno's talking aboot (correct me if I'm wrong Ronno) :)

About 230 miles all in from Crief back to Crief, which makes it aboot 390ish for me, round trip. A nice wee run :D :D

John

yaplnl.jpg

Ronno said:
That looks like the sodjer!
The right hand side of the circle, especially the bit over the Lecht looks fine. The bit on the left would appear to have far too much A9 in it. A detour onto some B roads, unclassifieds and goat tracks would seem to be required.

Schtum said:
The right hand side of the circle, especially the bit over the Lecht looks fine. The bit on the left would appear to have far too much A9 in it. A detour onto some B roads, unclassifieds and goat tracks would seem to be required.

:eek: but, but, but!!! It's 390 miles, please no goats :D :D

Schtum said:

Are you up for the run Schtum? I for one would happily come home via another route as you suggest.

Ronno

Ronno said:
Are you up for the run Schtum? I for one would happily come home via another route as you suggest.
I might be. It depends on how the house renovating DIY has gone and how SWMBO is disposed to the idea.

Also the weekend after is the BMW day at Knockhill and then the weekend after that Shooglenifty are playing the Langholm Music Festival and a certain K1200S riding young friend is having a BBQ in Insch.

So..........:confused:

Ronno even if you do come down the A9 you can make deviations onto some of the old parts of the road which are fine, the route looks good to me and suits GC getting back to FW, plus if its a Sunday I love blasting past queues of cars sitting behind Mr & Mrs Broon who are doing the optimum 47mph in their Skoda Labia.

Count me in.

PS As it is a fair size run (well for me in anycase) the only thing I would suggest is a fairly early start.

Well Said Ronno!!

Hi Ronno,
We'll try and meet up with you on the 7th, we're away to the West coast for an overnight stop on the Saturday but could plan our route home to meet up with you guys on Sunday??.
Iain L, I don't think anyone's seriously suggesting cliques?? and I agree there's no need for anything formal but it's also fair to say that simply putting up a post when you fancy a run has brought a poor response this year?? - remember your post for run to Mallaig?? - hardly an overwhelming response - even from people to say they couldn't make it??.
Ronno also did a couple of posts early in the year with poor response??
I don't think, however, a circular run is maybe required, or best? - it becomes too difficult because of the geographical spread in Scotland, I think sometimes the easiest is a good location for lunch and people can meet up locally to travel there or after lunch travel back the"long way round". With a circular run a GSer who lives in the wrong place would have to do maybe a 100 miles to Creiff(for example) and a 100 back plus the run mileage.
Anyway it would be good to meet up a bit more??

Cheers...........................Grizzly:beerjug: :beer:

PS........Anybody out for a run this weekend??

Back
Top Bottom