2015 GS LC Battery replacement.

Dermot.B

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My 2015 LC with 19,000 Km failed to start yesterday, bit of a strange one. It was in a bikeshed in work overnight, started fine drove for about 15 minutes stopped for 5 minutes and the fecker half turned over then nothing ! Tried a push start to no avail as the rear wheel kept locking up and the push team were beginning to look like they would need a defibrillator if we kept trying. Scratched head made a few phone calls tried it again and up ya boy started. I assume the battery is the culprit, so my question where is the best place in Dublin to get a replacement and are there options, lead acid, gel, li-ion what are the options. Or has anyone had a similar issue and it turned out not to be the battery. Thanks in advance for the comments.

I had similar issue. Very strange way for battery to fail. Started up and rode bike 20 miles and bike wouldn’t start. Had been having starting issues before. Actually had bike checked out for same problem and told that it was ok. New battery fitted under warranty cured problem. JJH

Thanks, I don't think I will bother JD with this one, strange way to fail but happy yours went the same, OK not happy but you know what I mean .

I'd buy a good battery. A cheap one wont be up to the job. I'd like to try a Lithium they seem to be a good alternative. The battery has a lot to do and starting a big boxer takes a lot of current from a relativity small battery. JJH

Halfords or Europower Battery Centre. I think YUASA are the best value for money. You definitely need the best battery you can find for reliable starting of boxer. Compare CCA and weight.

recommendation

I highly recommend Battery world on Kimmage Road lower. I have no connection (pun intended) but he's always given good service and very knowledgeable. Last time i had an issue, he checked a battery for me and said "It's failing, but at present it's giving more power than the one I have in stock".

I got a price from Battery world and it seems good but there is a lot of room around the battery has anyone tried a larger battery you could afford to go 3cm higher with room to spare. I'd be all for the bigger the better.

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

My 06 Hexhead used to suffer the same symptoms

it was a combination of battery & starter

A new Motobatt battery as opposed to a elcheapo lead acid unit was the soloution

Oh and a reman starter ;)

I had battery draining on my RT LC, even with a new BS14 Yuasa.
I got a BS20 from Halfords and shoehorned it in.
No more issues, I think the BS14 must be dodgy.
It is in one of my CBX now and if it goes flat I will do a warranty return.

Attachments

• 20181214_183213.jpg
    20181214_183213.jpg
    244.1 KB · Views: 104

Back
Top Bottom