Now the waiting game to deal with...

EVskij

Hand-crafting clients' ideas in real time
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Let’s see what all the fuss is about!

A bit of a wait to pick it up... only have to wait till 19th of Jan.

8878d3f3fc529838af8e7898c8faa658.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was teetering on buying a 1290R on Saturday. Having spoken to my insurance company today, the balance has tipped right over to hanging on to the 1190.

I was teetering on buying a 1290R on Saturday. Having spoken to my insurance company today, the balance has tipped right over to hanging on to the 1190.

You need to watch them. Mine wanted extra 500 quid to swap dr400 policy for 1290 yet online comparison they quoted 275 so should of been 75 quid extra.

They then blamed current insurer and wanted fees to cancel old policy and start new.

Asked the fella to go and tell his manager he was about to lose a 6 vehicle family and 1k a year over 50 quid admin fee.

Ended up beating online price with additional driver.

Use go compare to see real costs and use to bash insurer or go elsewhere. I am now paying less on 1290 than I was on 1190.

Yes, coming from GSA TO 1290 is about £180 increase in premium. My guess power and capacity difference what causes the hike. Oh well, at least base bike was a bargain and despite being MY18 I am to be first registered keeper.

I think the value of the new bike is a fair part of it. I always make sure the insured value is in the ball park of what they would pay out anyway. If I didn't check, my insurance company would still be taking the money for my bike's new value, but wouldn't be paying anything like it out. Makes quite a difference knocking a couple of grand off at renewal.

I was in Premier on Saturday and weighing up the pros and cons of getting the big valve service done on the old knacker v saying fuck it and buying a new one. I only really decided this afternoon to keep the 1190.

Edit: Sorry for hi jacking the OP EVskij. Enjoy your new bike :thumb2

I kept my 1190 by selling a kidney, will use it locally and tour on 1290 and then flog 1190 later on.

PX price was low being winter and everyone (not just ktm) discounting new bikes, come spring a private sale at good money will be easier.

Back to the OP, the wait could be much longer with British weather. My 1290 was delivered and put away in the garage where it will stay until we get a mild bone dry day.

Ta da!!!!

Spot a difference....

b0a6180a3027773a7ec6aae957803da8.jpg

Let me have a go.

Spots.
Pre filters.
Seats.
Engine bars.

Not sure about....
My ride.
Heated grips.
Orange sprocket.
Sat Nav mount.

Very easy to get carried away.

Nearly ordered one myself this morning.
Have three ktm dealers on speed dial. .

But bottled it.

Good choice.

I’ve ridden a few 1290’s now, don’t get me wrong they are lovely bikes but I much prefer the 1190 engine :)

Andres

Let me have a go.

Very easy to get carried away.

Nearly ordered one myself this morning.
Have three ktm dealers on speed dial. .

But bottled it.

Spots.
Pre filters.
HEATED Seats.
Engine bars
TRAVEL PACK
HEATED GRIPS
SAT NAV BRACKET
MY RIDE (standard on 2018 onwards bikes)
SIDE PANEL PROTECTION (fuel tank)
RAD GUARD

Things transferred from GSA will be

GIVI LUGGAGE
BMW NAV VI
BLACK ROADLOCK WITH KTM FITTING KIT

Having first hand experience of putting a hole in a KTM radiator on normal roads I’d say a radiator guard is a very good purchase.

Funny that, my1190 renewal has just come through at Double last years price, it has bugger al to do with new bike, and everything to do with the bastards ripping off anyone who cannot be bothered to shop around.

Good choice.

I’ve ridden a few 1290’s now, don’t get me wrong they are lovely bikes but I much prefer the 1190 engine :)

Andres

The choice was mainly to do with keeping £7K in my pocket and being too lazy to swap all the aftermarket stuff over :D

The only 1290 I've actually ridden is the old SA.

Funny that, my1190 renewal has just come through at Double last years price, it has bugger al to do with new bike, and everything to do with the bastards ripping off anyone who cannot be bothered to shop around.

When I swapped my old 1190 for the current 1190R, I was charged £12 for the remaining 5 months of my policy. Come renewal, it almost doubled. After a bit of arm twisting it came down lower than the previous year.

I'm sure I could get it down for the 1290, but it's tricky with it being on a classic policy with my other bikes.

Back
Top Bottom