Ohh FFS!

I am just thinking about the flash sale there could be on leftover 2019s......

....or not, as there were no big deals on the leftover sdgt models this year.

Leftover 2021s will fit my new bike lifecycle better.

Could be just the replacement for the old 1290 SAT - with the 1290 SA/R carrying on for a year or 2 after that.

To be honest I am struggling to think how they will improve it enough to tempt me off my 1290 SAS ;)

Could be just the replacement for the old 1290 SAT - with the 1290 SA/R carrying on for a year or 2 after that.

To be honest I am struggling to think how they will improve it enough to tempt me off my 1290 SAS ;)

That was my first thought too Paul. With the hoooooge tank and weather protection it's moving away from being a big Adv bike and more into tourer territory; just like the SAT or GS Adv.

Andres

It’s not a bike I’d want but I can see the attraction for someone who wants a big tourer that can be taken on what I’d call marginal roads with a loose surface rather than being thrown at steep and badly broken ones.

I’d have been much happier with a bike like that than my SD GT when my satnav sent me on a gravel road for a number of miles on my no mates tour last year. A bit of loose surface would have been ok but these roads had ridges of loose stones and rocks between wheel ruts about 4” deep on both sides of the road so when you had to cross them for any reason it was a real bum clencher :eek:

1190 was great for me size and weight wise, and decent tank range. Only thing I really look forward to on the 1290s is cruise.

I would prefer normal key and good quality conventional suspension and no cornering lights at lower price. But ktm seem to think everyone wants more tech.

I would of been over the moon with the 1090 spec and 1290 engine, just with cruise. Lighter, simpler, cheaper and less to go wrong.

I suspect this new one will be aimed at GSA.

I feel your pain.
You just buy a new bike and a new model is just around the corner.

Did I read bigger TFT. Thought it was already about as big as it needs to be.

But if it’s more colourful. I’m in.

Back
Top Bottom