Latest software update… need to know

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVskij

Hand-crafting clients' ideas in real time
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Possibly picking up my new 1290 SAS this coming Saturday, Just to make sure, I want to have latest software installled (if available) before I pick the bike up.

Does anyone know if there is a latest release, and if so what is the id number for it?

EV

Don't you trust your dealer to make sure your bike has the latest software ?

I’m not sure my dealer trusting me with my current insurance fiasco. They need proof of insurance before bike registered with DVLA and insurance company want to see it registered with DVLA or they can’t insure it.

Wtf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless your dealer gives you all the printouts you have no way of knowing the software version. What you see in the dash is only the dash software version which is only 1 of about 8 on that bike.

Both your dealer and insurance are being idiots. Bike doesn't need insured to be registered and the insurance can insure on the vin. I have had both for various reasons in the past. When I bought my 1290 dealer handed me the reg to insure it when I went to pick the bike up.

I’m not sure my dealer trusting me with my current insurance fiasco. They need proof of insurance before bike registered with DVLA and insurance company want to see it registered with DVLA or they can’t insure it.

Wtf?

The dealer will issue the bike with a registration number. He tells you what the registration number is. You tell your insurers and they issue you and/or email the dealer directly a cover note so the dealer can tax the bike.

It's not hard :augie

The dealer will issue the bike with a registration number. He tells you what the registration number is. You tell your insurers and they issue you and/or email the dealer directly a cover note so the dealer can tax the bike.

It's not hard :augie

Well it is hard...... :blast

Ah well that explains it then :green gri

I'd have been shocked if Andy or Darren would have fucked you about like that :blast

That bloody pair are responsible for having sold far too many bikes to me in recent years, but never have they fucked me about in the process. ;)

Had my reg weeks ago, even changed order and kept reg. Insured in advance no problem.

All sorted now.

It transpires that particular underwriter (through Hastings Direct) does not issue insurance policies on KTM motorcycles.
Ended up with BeMoto now, no issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom