Fat Cow will be missed...

EVskij

Hand-crafting clients' ideas in real time
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Off she’s gone to Portugal. Unfortunately mileage to high at nearly 15.5k for any UK dealer to be interested in it without having you over the desk with pants down...

It is one criticism I have with UK biking scene. Spend £19k on a bike, and let it sit in the garage for two years, then trade it in with 3k miles on the clock for £12k. This in turn driving used bike values in the ground.

This bloke snapped the bike up from me without a haggle. 15k for a two year old bike of large cc is nothing in mainland Europe. While in UK dealers and punters allike offering £10k with intention to get some of it back because there might be, just might be something little wrong with the bike. Like brake line has discoloured... or can you fill the tank up for us....

Stripped the shit out of her as close to factory state as possible and got descent money for it. More than any dealer offered me in PX.
New owner got set of Anakke 3 with it as part of the deal, ( I tried to sell them on here, but no one wanted them) that I asked to replace with continentals when I bought her in March 2017.

So long fatty you will be missed. Walking through the door of a KTM dealer (never a good idea), made me a very weak man, forcing me to get a younger model.

fb4163a3db6f126c9f7ae622a60a1393.jpg

bbd1878f5693aaae62035406ff019d04.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Happy you finally got a good price for it and I agree with your rant about values. People, like me at the moment, who hardly ride their bikes but for whatever reason trade then in and upgrade them with not many miles distress the market for the average person who actually uses their bike. That and everyone scared of an out of warranty BMW.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you advertise it that someone in Portugal came to buy?

I sold my KTM 1190 to someone in Portugal as well via eBAY. Bike had done 20k and no one wanted it here. To be fair the bloke was great to deal with and paid a good price.

So do you have some GSA goodies for sale? Ive just bough a big black pig like you had ;- )

A GSA is for life, not just for Christmas....

If you don't mind me asking, where did you advertise it that someone in Portugal came to buy?

Here probably ;)

RJC (Ricardo) of this Parish buys quite a few bikes :thumb2

When you look at how much BMW charge for their bikes over in Spain & Portugal you can well understand why UK bikes sell easily to European buyers

My 1190 went to Greece, via ebay. I was a little cautious but the guy paid in full, in advance. It had done 52k. Guess its got 12k on it now.
This is how it was collected. Car transporter with big, heavy, badly frayed straps, handlebars on the roof of the cab. Driver didn’t seem bothered. I took pics and sent them to the buyer, he wasn’t bothered either.

Attachments

• 77AE5CC9-0360-4626-975A-9B8B70A5056D.jpg
    77AE5CC9-0360-4626-975A-9B8B70A5056D.jpg
    268.3 KB · Views: 852
If you think bmw dealers hate high mileage, try selling a Ducati sports bike with 25k on it to a Ducati dealer. Ironically Bmw offered me the most for it hence I’m on a Gs now.

Believe that my 2014 GSA possibly went to Europe , went into a main dealers with 14,000 miles at 3 years old and then disappeared off the map, uninsured for past 16 months and untaxed (either that or BMW bought it back and crushed the unreliable POS) , similarly my old 2011 GSA was sold to a mate who ran it for 18 months , it was part exed by him at a Yamaha dealers who sold it within a week and then it has never been tested or insured since.

Used to regularly see Dutch and German motorcycle dealers vehicles on Westgate Road picking up half a dozen or so 2 to 5 year old bikes from main dealers and spiriting them off to the Continent

Sold for parts???

People that actually ride their bikes really do have to pay for it. Glad it went ok and you got a decent price for it :thumb2

Happy you finally got a good price for it and I agree with your rant about values. People, like me at the moment, who hardly ride their bikes but for whatever reason trade then in and upgrade them with not many miles distress the market for the average person who actually uses their bike. That and everyone scared of an out of warranty BMW.

Hi Wiley,

I advertised it on here, someone seen it, told their mate in Portugal, he came to see it, bought it. Simple.

Here probably ;)

RJC (Ricardo) of this Parish buys quite a few bikes :thumb2

When you look at how much BMW charge for their bikes over in Spain & Portugal you can well understand why UK bikes sell easily to European buyers

Funny thing is, it was Ricardo, but I doubt it was same person.

Finding someone with the cash to hand is not easy - not everyone has > £10K lying around for what is a leisure pursuit for the majority of riders. The reason for your lower price is that glasses guide has 3,000 miles as the average annual mileage for a bike - so at 15.5K miles they’re looking at the equivalent of a 5-year old bike’s mileage, and adjust down accordingly. Mileage is sadly everything for new or nearly-new bikes.

When I was at Bahnstormer just before Christmas, there was a Belgian dealer picking up 3 bikes in a pickup truck. The way they were wedged in, made me wince, along with the rear tyres almost rubbing the wheel arches.:eek:

Apparently he’s a regular customer and buys bikes from dealers all the time.

And then the dealers moan they haven't got any decent used stock to sell :blast

My bike actually looked pristine when I pulled the cover off this morning. She looked showroom like condition. I actually did say sorry to her as there was nowt wrong with her. Yet dealers..... to heigh mileage.
I am a weak man and it isn’t bikes fault.

When I was at Bahnstormer just before Christmas, there was a Belgian dealer picking up 3 bikes in a pickup truck. The way they were wedged in, made me wince, along with the rear tyres almost rubbing the wheel arches.:eek:

Apparently he’s a regular customer and buys bikes from dealers all the time.

I’ve been at my local dealers and seen Belgian companies collect 20+ GS bikes at once on huge vehicles. I think a lot of them end up there. The OP is quite right about UK values on bikes. I tend to do about 18,000 miles per year and get slated on trade ins

I put my 2014 GS on eBay and after little interest it was bought last minute from someone who turned out to be taking it back to Lithuania. Cash sale. I insisted we met at the bank for the very reason of fake money. But all turned out well.

Back
Top Bottom