Anyone used Holan panniers?

Rasher

You can then use your secondhand smaller boxes as the template for drilling the holes in the new boxes - so no guess work and job done ;)

You have not seen my handyman skills in action!

Annoying thing is they do this all day every day, all I want is them to say they can send them pre-drilled and I will pay up right away.

I might try and find a local engineering company that can do the drilling for me, now I have a set of boxes I can show them what's involved, probably under half hours work for someone with a good pillar drill.

If got holan on mine, have no issue's at all, I was told that they used to make them for touratec before they branched out on there own, don't actually know If that was true but mine look very similar to a friends touratec ones, the only issue I had is they took awhile for my frames to be delivered around 4 weeks amend it very hard to contact anyone unless you can speak polish and call.

I recognise them there panniers and all the places they've been :D I hope there serving you well :thumby:

Holan are renowned for now having the best customer service, it's why alot of companies stopped stocking them.
I hope they do reply to you soon.

Sent from whatever I'm using at the time

Got plenty of time, don't need larger cases until end of June, but understand even once you manage to agree an order they take another 2 months to get the stuff to you. Might get lucky and come across a used set.

Worst case I can still swap back to my Givi setup for the big trips.

Any update on Holan?
What stops you simply buying new Touratech boxes from KTM?

The last 3 piece set that sold on eBay second hand sold for £890 IIRC which is only £350 less than RRP!

I'm looking to buy aluminium luggage and there is so much choice....

Not fitted the Holans yet, 1st trip is booked for end of May so no big hurry.

My options are:-

1. Get a second set of larger boxes and drill holes myself,
2. Order a full set of smaller boxes and have panniers on both bikes
3. Swap between the Holans for solo trips and Givi Trekker for trips with Mrs.

I think it will come down to how wide it looks to her when I fit them, if she wants her own set of panniers I will go down that route, if not I could probably order the larger Holans and cover the majority of the cost by selling the KTM branded Trekker kit - but they are very nice and HUGE so may be tempted to just keep them and go through the @30 minute process to swap them over once a year.

Back
Top Bottom