Tank bag options, solution needed

EVskij

Hand-crafting clients' ideas in real time
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Reused my Givi tank ring (GS/A specific) on my 1290 SAS, mounted my GIVI ST602 tank bag, and it is interfering with handlebars between 85-100% of full lock.
Any recommendations for a 1290? I prefer low profile and quick release versions rather than straps etc.

f239c56bc41613454a589609047f7d63.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you Bounce,

Will check it out.

Thank you Bounce,

Will check it out.

There will be a model specific tank ring so no issues with the ring fitment :)green gri).

The engage bag I used on my GSA and it fits nicely onto the SA :D, and doesn't catch the handlebars.

There should be some adjustments on the bottom of the tankbag which may work in the direction you need. JJH

I had an Enduristan Sandstorm on my 1190 and initially fitted it on my 1290 SD GT but changed to a KTM Powerparts one for my last holiday due to wanting to use the Enduristan harness on my GS. The Enduristan one is attached with 4 clips and the KTM one uses a zip. Both are what I’d describe as quick release but the KTM one needs a rain cover in heavy rain though it’s ok in showers as long you’re moving and most of the rain blows over the top.

Rain covers are a sign of laziness by the manufacturers because there’s no reason not to make a fully waterproof bag when you consider the materials (including zips) readily available. Would I pay an extra £20 to avoid having to stop and fish out a piece of flimsy plastic to prevent things getting wet? Of course I would and I wouldn’t entertain buying panniers that weren’t waterproof so why do it with a tankbag? :rob

I've never needed the cover on my KTM bag. Used it once in the early days and the ballooning effect was too annoying. Never used it since, and never got wet inside. Seen some pretty heavy rain too.

There should be some adjustments on the bottom of the tankbag which may work in the direction you need. JJH

a0d766dd0fcad21e935fd9f29048c87f.jpg

Mine has 3 holes in the bottom- this is the middle setting.

a0d766dd0fcad21e935fd9f29048c87f.jpg

Mine has 3 holes in the bottom- this is the middle setting.

My bag is to small so as such there isn’t any adjustment available from what I can see

3ae6094de63ba651636f644cf5948415.jpg

That’s helpful. He should be able to get a few mil that might just give him the clearance he needs. JJH

That’s helpful. He should be able to get a few mil that might just give him the clearance he needs. JJH

Unfortunately not...

You might be able to make holes? It doesn’t seem that you need to move it very far. JJH

Back
Top Bottom