C4/ C4 Pro..

I've seen both of course, not seen any c4 pro's yet come in from the main collections, but did see the samples when they were brought over to us last year, and they seem a lot more refined than the C4. The C4 has a few niggling issue with them, like the sun visor, and visors and all the moving parts in the helmet, seem a bit "clunky" for such an expensive helmet. On the C4 Pro though, they're perfectly as they should be, just like the Shoei Neotec 2, everything runs so smoothly

there isn't major differences, I beliece the C4 was made as they had a ton fo shells left over from the BMW helmets, so it wa s a bit of a rush job, but the C4 Pro is done how Schuberth wanted to makethe C4 in the first place. Liner is improved, parts have improved, and the mic has been placed in the correct place to stop the poor quality sound from the C4.

Nothing Major. just done it properly this time.

Does anyone know if the sun visor is polarised? Are there any helmets that have a polarised drop-down sun visor?

I gave up on a C4 purchase after hearing stories/reviews re microphone in the head surround so you had to use the comms unit with everything closed. It had a nice liner in it though, but ended up with a good c3 pro. Liking it a lot. Also found I could shake my head and the c4 flip part would then close down on you with just a shake/heavy nod.

Oh - there’s a second lock on the sun visor that restricts how far down it comes if you have a fucking big nose.

They think of everything.

I gave up on a C4 purchase after hearing stories/reviews re microphone in the head surround so you had to use the comms unit with everything closed. It had a nice liner in it though, but ended up with a good c3 pro. Liking it a lot. Also found I could shake my head and the c4 flip part would then close down on you with just a shake/heavy nod.

I think they’ve moved the mic for the Pro.

My C3 (not Pro) had rainwater running down the inside of the visor during my last trip. Didn’t matter how often I cleared the outside with my glove, I still couldn’t see a thing!

The head shape has changed for the C4 Pro, it's gone back to being suitable for the same head shape as the C3/C3 Pro.

C4/C4 PRO/C4 Basic

1. Reverted back to more "round" shape (instead of oval) - so back to what people were happy with on the C1/2/3 range.
2. Changed the lining material to be "nicer" and "better" (cooler) in hot weather
3. Reverted to a "real" Pin-Lock instead of the C4 Schuberth "Pin-Lock-alike"
4. Changed the front vent design/operation, to be more robust (the mechanisms were breaking...)

Personally, there were too many things wrong with the C4 for me (included comms kit) and poor reviews, so I just bought a brand new C3 PRO (having had a C1, C3 and C3 in a row).

Having discussed that with Schuberth over email, they have alerted me to the new "C4 Basic", which is a new C4 PRO, minus the integrated comms kit, which would be perfect for my use (I still use an Autocom install). Assuming the C4 PRO reviews (there are not many, yet) sound good, I'll be happy to get a C4 Basic next to replace the C3 PRO, when it's time is up (or the C5/C5 PRO, if indeed that will be the thing next, when the time comes).

HTH!

1. Reverted back to more "round" shape (instead of oval) - so back to what people were happy with on the C1/2/3 range.
2. Changed the lining material to be "nicer" and "better" (cooler) in hot weather
3. Reverted to a "real" Pin-Lock instead of the C4 Schuberth "Pin-Lock-alike"
4. Changed the front vent design/operation, to be more robust (the mechanisms were breaking...)

Personally, there were too many things wrong with the C4 for me (included comms kit) and poor reviews, so I just bought a brand new C3 PRO (having had a C1, C3 and C3 in a row).

Having discussed that with Schuberth over email, they have alerted me to the new "C4 Basic", which is a new C4 PRO, minus the integrated comms kit, which would be perfect for my use (I still use an Autocom install). Assuming the C4 PRO reviews (there are not many, yet) sound good, I'll be happy to get a C4 Basic next to replace the C3 PRO, when it's time is up (or the C5/C5 PRO, if indeed that will be the thing next, when the time comes).

HTH!

:thumby:

Back
Top Bottom