F800GT

My brother has one. Nothing bad to report. I had a st. Again nothing bad to report. Amazing economy 60+ mpg. Very underrated. Great engine. Anything specific you want to know? JJH

We bought two last year as Blood bikes. Mixed reviews, mainly from taller riders about buffeting and weather protection. Screen is fixed, we are currently trying different screens. They have only been operational since around October, so no warm weather experience as yet.

My touring buddy has a 15 reg 800gt.

Does what says on the tin really.
Definitely more power then my 650GS / 700GS twins.
Slightly better fuel consumption.
Needed mirror extensions ' don't all bikes now '.
Usual shite standard headlight..
Stock screen too low, again ain't the all now.

A tad crampt conpaired with a GS.

Great maintenance free belt drive.
Great system panniers 'Black not the painted ones '

Just replaced tyres at 13k miles

We've toured Holland, Belgium, France, Germany, Czech Republic, Poland, Spain with no problems & no heat problems in traffic..

We all know the Rotax engines on the F 650 /700 / 800 are superb..

All in all he highly rates it..

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190114-175003.jpg
    Screenshot_20190114-175003.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 310
We bought two last year as Blood bikes. Mixed reviews, mainly from taller riders about buffeting and weather protection. Screen is fixed, we are currently trying different screens. They have only been operational since around October, so no warm weather experience as yet.

Brother has BMW high screen on his. Says it has improved buffering. JJH

I borrowed one a few times and really wanted one but for me it had no feel on the front end.
The naked one felt totally different,loved it if slightly cramped.
So ended up with the 800 gsa:D:D

Brother has BMW high screen on his. Says it has improved buffering. JJH

We have bought another screen and are trialing it :) I have only ridden an older ST, which was a mates, after 3 hours I was glad to be back on my RT though.

It's an f800gs in drag! Ask Micky! (Might be a tad bijou for your frame Chris?)

It's an f800gs in drag! Ask Micky! (Might be a tad bijou for your frame Chris?)

Cheeky.......but I get your drift ;)

I've been offered a couple from a finance company I use for my truck sales and thinking of having one as a work tool.

The fuel consumption would be a winner and I like the 800GSA so happy with the motor.

Just interested in what people think of them in the real world.

In the real world I found the physical size a tad small. Not too small for me just my personal view. We buy and run bikes with our harts and I felt that it was a small machine for me. I felt I looked HUGE on it. The gsa I ran for 2 trouble free years was right size wise. JJH

I had a F800 ST and a good reliable and economical bike, however, BMW service schedule will require replacement of the low maintenance drive belt and both pulleys at 24,000... not cheap £££

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You would get longer out of a chain and sprockets. A lot more adjusting though. What cost for belt and pulleys and fitting? JJH

Great little bikes, but some find they are too small, particularly with a pillion passenger. We looked at some, before going with an F650GSSE, but couldn't find one locally without corrosion

I think many of the early bikes had problems with the rear belt sprocket. First sign was the belt trying to run off centre. Supposedly this was sorted with the GT.

You would get longer out of a chain and sprockets. A lot more adjusting though. What cost for belt and pulleys and fitting? JJH

I got the belt on ebay direct from Contitech for about £100ish and fitted it myself on a 2008 F800ST. Didn't need new pulleys.

My old 650gs single would start to need the chain adjusting at about 13 -14k miles, then replacing at 17k,
My”650” twin got to 15k wirhout adjustment. Was thinking that time must be coming soon when a nice letter from BMW arrived inviting me to take it to my dealer for new chain and sprockets under warranty issue. Thank you very much.
Now passed 36k with no adjustment. Occasionally clean it and try to give it a spray with Wurth dry lube as soon as I finish a days ride.

Back
Top Bottom