Fault code finder :) Help plz!

comatox

Reaction score
Hi folks.

So recently I started to notice an intermittent fault on my GS that appears for a second and it disappears. The Yellow triangle shows up and I think the engine sign shows on the LCD. However it vanishes in a second and doesnt stay on.

I took the bike to a friend who has a UniCarScan and I found the following fault codes:

930F

The only issue is that I have not been able to find what they mean. The bike is a 2004 R1200GS K25.

Anyone out there with some fault code description/translation would be much appreciated! Thanks a lot in advance folks!

Yep, that is what was used, but for these 2 codes no reasonable description came through :(
May as well to go see a GS Doctor with a GS911.

Yep, that is what was used, but for these 2 codes no reasonable description came through :(
May as well to go see a GS Doctor with a GS911.

Are you sure your buddy was running the correct software here. You can check via the link shown, or try www.WGSoft.de - the type specific App is c. Euros 30 IIRC.

If he used the BMW Motorrad App on his laptop/PC, yet it didn't show the codes/meaning correctly, then refer the situation to WGSoft - from feedback they seem fairly helpful.

Yeah, we got codes with no real explanation. I will contact these folks. Thanks a lot for the idea.

930F - instrument cluster (poss related to lights)
6266 - brake light switch

the cars and bikes use much the same software and diagnostics kit. 930F refers to issues "noticed" by the kombi (instrument cluster), it could well be a generic can bus issue - pretty sure I've noticed it on mine, but it goes away for a few years at a time. Vehicles with a few miles on and some connection that's got 10 years of invisible corrosion on a multiplug somewhere and or a battery that's seen better days can flood the can bus with garbage now and then. Frequently it means little and has no effect,

The days of needing to give BMW or a south African 300 quid are long gone. You could read and clear all this almost as well, for well under 50 quid these days. http://bmwfault.codes/ also check out motoscan app

I have the same problem. Someone has the solution?

Check out your battery first - not just volts but a proper load test.
And as you are posting for the first time, Welcome!

Back
Top Bottom