Austrian MotoGP 2018 - Tour 2 Ride Report

That sounds promising! I haven't been in that area before but thought about heading to Goslar to find somewhere for the night and then spend the next day (unfortunately it'll be a Sunday) riding about before heading to west of Berlin. Any specific recommendations or are all the roads equally good?
TIA

I stopped at pension talblick in bad grund
Was a decent place to stop , best boiled eggs on the trip
The 241 from there to Goslar is sublime .
Take a look on google
I even dropped all my luggage off and spent the afternoon going up and down it , loved it.

Great report Iain...you'll love Romania but don't ignore the rest of the Balkans :thumb2

That sounds promising! I haven't been in that area before but thought about heading to Goslar to find somewhere for the night and then spend the next day (unfortunately it'll be a Sunday) riding about before heading to west of Berlin. Any specific recommendations or are all the roads equally good?
TIA

Ive a few GPS routes around Harz, PM me with your email if you want them

Brilliant report . I’ve been struggling to find a trip to do this year and you’ve given me the encouragement to do something similar. We’ve had a crap end to the year with a parental bereavement and I need to clear my head for a couple of weeks at the earliest!!! Might even go solo without the burden of my usual tour buddies - it has to be done at some point soon ... thank you

Brilliant report . I’ve been struggling to find a trip to do this year and you’ve given me the encouragement to do something similar. We’ve had a crap end to the year with a parental bereavement and I need to clear my head for a couple of weeks at the earliest!!! Might even go solo without the burden of my usual tour buddies - it has to be done at some point soon ... thank you

I'm glad I've been of some help to you.

Where do you fancy going to?

I'm going back to the Austrian MotoGP, by bike, this year again because I enjoy it so much and it is very well organised.
Misano MotoGP this year will be car, again.
In 2020 I hope to do some by campervan and some by bike but that's a long way away at the moment.

Where to go ? Down the middle of Europe ? Take in Lux Germany , dolomites etc or head down west coast of France and do the Pyrenees etc - not sure yet but needs to be done end of May or at latest end of June , not really a tent fan but can cope with the odd night - 7-10 days . Very relaxed about it at the moment but open to suggestions- already done Black Forest and B500 , Vosges etc ..
You have given me food for thought though for later in the year having never been to a moto gp race - looks interesting

Thanks for taking time to write up.

The dolomites is somewhere I need to go again soon.

If youre looking at the Transfurgarrassan I wrote one up last year I think it was.

From reading this you would love the town of Sibiu, well placed for the pass too.

Id totally rscommend leaving via the European Pass this to the south.

Its in my write up too mate

Thanks for taking time to write up.

The dolomites is somewhere I need to go again soon.

If youre looking at the Transfurgarrassan I wrote one up last year I think it was.

From reading this you would love the town of Sibiu, well placed for the pass too.

Id totally rscommend leaving via the European Pass this to the south.

Its in my write up too mate

I've had a search for your ride report but couldn't find it. Do you remember the title?

Nice report. Been through many of the places in your report. Especially, The Dolomites & Austria. Many thanks for posting.

Regards Allan F

Back
Top Bottom