Has anybody got one of these kicking about?

Just ordered a correct part from BMW car garage. Picking it up this afternoon. Only cost £5.56 all in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just ordered a correct part from BMW car garage. Picking it up this afternoon. Only cost £5.56 all in.

That's a good result. OK it wasn't the most expensive part to start with, but it's still good to source the same part, but cheaper.

When I had to replace the oil pressure sender on my Monster, the identical part sourced from a Renault spares outlet was about 45% of the cost quoted by Ducati. Electrical parts, brake parts, headlamp internals... there seem to be quite a few parts that may well be available at a better price.

Paul

Can you post a pic of part number you got, as the one,s on the internet all show about 25 euros, so seems a result.

Can you post a pic of part number you got, as the one,s on the internet all show about 25 euros, so seems a result.

nVhTM6WMuvLp3U5vBcORZfLN4aVfKhkkYh7Z23tyh122v1oEnOHli_eL0PaI--FLNSoV5oV9ywVH6vSWwSPtb4lTdzFDMTCb7f_BN7sSud1H97rmWCDB6tGQZU4PoqEGOJa1dAVrv0wH1mkFW-X3UI87FYpBLM2C0kPJdtLICm1XE4uArSE6o2F7_5-6_OVRTtMUJ6tmSc9EGfX-Im3SAiLuAMnv-sruW7cRPmEcACKUc3ZbahLdPAn65Z_-brzPFhU_QCIrim8V6efFfpeuSN6Qwewx6tzIvfaXbgU8Bq1kaUriuHyu5lPzIHOP5WVAhLHO60WMSU9x8Q7uheB5BpwnwEF4MZr3E2U44XwfeIYhgELzt5z7nRD5_MzFTYFQeH_pvl8--CzNC_sXBXZWgLY8srYYkLl_yXssHoiFglPEa59d4xC7FkUJnFi1H352PdxY6hwqEry7_ykHKoQNURet_KKiz6x9XVvOLbX-q11oNuSRDEO1GczxrDdd9n9kZWvPvRFlS05lyzCe6mQLvxUyjNh_xbziiH7nMoa8l7_JvFnwr73jq_FcehWFlDzGgf6isbIceBoQCCFzhnVVF20534lM-SpdX46Rp7voda8vEjy34Rfytmqs2PHwQ4J-PwThLj-s_sbBt_M6HJMoAFvr=w864-h1534-no

pEV2blme05-uNSkIDTGbAmyWjrmvRso64g-Pk2JQ736mECGCxBFHVVXFUUluvuZI5hn4qVXoRQUjL65D_6ixM_G87D0K0f9-lQu-hlw0rQj7NQud6g-GZSbzKlSlb5w4ySvpdyi6qGoAzQzUf9AKEBGPm4dVlMCwZOo5OAjpZNc4lMaJaZEl8evaO0i533gek2VRyRFtvyAPTFgUuUXBWRznFkn4OHBwfBQR_PTfqojMfuAP6tEeWMODW69YdkciCwsq7NyucqVWOJVt_QpR8bgmKf1qfBwSyzUsfmCqbdazBI9aPeuk0PWoTB0sWn9UizZivv87SNGBZqCK0UOZ6NGe9IeuEYvIgXck1pDPDHElIasBShR3y2Wu0ZuYDnIMmnMW-MeKKfVXQDKlJISnNiwiIPpGOu7x9hua9wU8s1K6POHdZWZhVCsbkqblCoaqKX2c7gWHwR0jA_wlaY3rBaxk643v3RHGepDZrD-YSE6XiO9PpKhQuh0pQ3WXRVqMsKl2nKfKP1HuolulhJM6lMKCvlqlkktMYVQQnJOtg8CfzgvHgJQpHFmMbClG4rVmgsWzjBNjfH3UsjIVwQ1BnaY-Qc4oOjgKjSH29lVPNrqm2gMBY545eZQjKht8gIKZtfHZDFOz0OHQfeeUjcplb38Z=s500-no

Ta Fred madness the op only paid 5 pounds for his, but when googling price varies from 11 euro to 25 euro go figure.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=8...zvTfAhWLKVAKHQaJCUEQ_AUIDigB&biw=1920&bih=867

Ok the part in the pictures above is identical to the one I purchased yesterday from BMW motorcycle dealer. This part cost me £9.05 but should’ve been £15 according to the salesman as he made a cockup.

The part I ordered and due to collect this afternoon is an opposite end of the one show in the photo above. This part supplied by BMW car dealer a few minutes walk from my house, cost me £5.56 including VAT. I WILL POST A PICTURE OF THE SAID PART WHEN I HAVE IT IN HAND.

Ok the part in the pictures above is identical to the one I purchased yesterday from BMW motorcycle dealer. This part cost me £9.05 but should’ve been £15 according to the salesman as he made a cockup.

The part I ordered and dye yo collect this afternoon is an opposite end of the one show in the photo above. This part supplied by BMW car dealer a few minutes walk from my house, cost me £5.56 including VAT. I WILL POST A PICTURE OF THE SAID PART WHEN I HAVE IT IN HAND.

Ta mate makes sense now

As promised...

Wrong part for wiring in BMW 4 Button Cradle to a non BMW bike (without cutting off OEM plugs) but correct part if you are wiring in non BMW parts (Garmin Zumo, TomTom, etc)

1109fc55da90563814759cd24bef3bdc.jpg

Correct part for wiring in BMW cradle to a KTM bike

003c3035ab3465e7a16309bbc84c9505.jpg

The differences

d83383df219b8cb325bcd8fcb4209f18.jpg

Price from BMW Motorrad dealer (wrong part in my case)

2f0bde2332e45429a1f1b506cc6b3a93.jpg

Price from BMW car dealer (correct part in my case)

053ef20fd279323f9d1fbefd32f564f7.jpg

While there I asked a question if motorcycle parts can be ordered through them. He said they don’t have access to the Electronic Parts Catalogue for bikes but if i was to know a part number they can try and see if it is possible.

Yes and no,

This part is a repair harness

The mothership class it as a tool lol,

Whether its used on bikes or cars, its the same part, and will not have a differing part number

The parts man at my local dealer assures me they have different part numbers for the same item on lots of car parts.
He used the example of brake discs-- many of the cars use the same disc but to enable the mothership to keep track of which models they are being bought for they give the disc a different number depending on the vehicle it is going onto.

Feck only reading this now. I think I did one of my first posts on this forum back in 2006 when I heard rumour of this part so I could power my garmin.
Soldered it on to a garmin 550 power lead. I think I have the socket and cable combo buried in the garage but you have gotten the part already. Actually I have a still perfect Zumo 550 sitting on the shelf somewhere I meant to flog.

The parts man at my local dealer assures me they have different part numbers for the same item on lots of car parts.
He used the example of brake discs-- many of the cars use the same disc but to enable the mothership to keep track of which models they are being bought for they give the disc a different number depending on the vehicle it is going onto.

Yes and no ;)

is that a plug that connects a gps ?im looking to buy a gps over the clock bracket for my tom tom ride, just looking for best mounting ideas.

is that a plug that connects a gps ?im looking to buy a gps over the clock bracket for my tom tom ride, just looking for best mounting ideas.

You won’t need this plug for a TomTom as it will have other bare wire end to which you will have to crimp pair of spade connectors, unless TomTom comes with those already attached.

The said plug is only required for a BMW derived Nav mount if you planing on keeping OEM plugs intact.

Tom Tom straight to battery it is then , just need a good bracket for over the clocks .
You won’t need this plug for a TomTom as it will have other bare wire end to which you will have to crimp pair of spade connectors, unless TomTom comes with those already attached.

The said plug is only required for a BMW derived Nav mount if you planing on keeping OEM plugs intact.

Tom Tom straight to battery it is then , just need a good bracket for over the clocks .

If mounting to a 1290 there is a specific switches feed behind headlight labelled ACC2, (ACC1 is a constant live) pair of spade crimped connectors is all that is required.

If mounting to a 1290 there is a specific switches feed behind headlight labelled ACC2, (ACC1 is a constant live) pair of spade crimped connectors is all that is required.

Good to know thanks

Back
Top Bottom