Textile jacket and leather trousers combo a thing of the past?

GoldenGS

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone still wear this sort of combo? It's my preferred get-up but seems to be not what manufacturers are pushing these days, the majority offer all textile or all leather combinations. Is it because textile suits are so much more protective these days or just the trend.

I can't quite bring myself to fully trust textile trousers - which is illogical as I'm happy wearing a textile jacket - because I'm aware of the damage that can happen to lower limbs in a tumble. Should I trust textile more or is it still a compromise, offering a degree of protection as well as handy weather resistance without resorting to carrying a pair of over trousers for safety?

Hein Gericke textile jacket and Scott leather trousers for me. It seems the perfect combination. Scott made me a pair of leather jeans without knee slider patches and even posted them at their expense. Top people.

After about 6-7 years the jeans are nicely worn in, but they have shrunk a little. :nenau

Hein

After about 6-7 years the jeans are nicely worn in, but they have shrunk a little. :nenau

Think it must those times you get caught in the rain - mine have shrunk too......and seem to shrink more as I get older��

Hein Gericke textile jacket and Scott leather trousers for me. It seems the perfect combination. Scott made me a pair of leather jeans without knee slider patches and even posted them at their expense. Top people.

That's almost my combo: HG Tricky textile jacket and Tricky leather trews - they made it all interchangeable.

I swap between leather/textile trousers depending on the weather or type of ride.

Al.

Good quality and good fitting leather will always be safer than textile. The armour in my textile trousers is D3O but by virtue of the fit it will move more in a tumble. The armour in my leather trousers is also D3O but the fit is snugger and would not move. Plus I find leather cooler in the summer. But I hate messing with waterproof trousers, so if any chance of rain I still wear my textile trousers.

25 yo BKS leather trousers and now a 2yo Dane jacket. Near perfect, even in rain.

Tom

Hein Gericke Tuareg textile jacket.
BTK (Notts) '501 style' leather trs.

But I wear other combinations of gear too:thumb2

Alpinestars leather bottoms zipped (full) to an A stars Andes jacket...
WOrked so far, but not sure on the sliders for the GS!...

Back
Top Bottom