Help!!!! Please help me identify these bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Other PaulG

Still searching
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Ladies and gents, your assistance here would be very much appreciated.

As some of you know, Chad and I are still busy selling off bits and pieces from Chris T's workshop.

We collected together all of his Autocom bits - some are new and still packaged, many were a rat's nest of random wires!

Anyway, I have sorted through them and now need to sell them so I can pass on the funds to Karen.

My issue is, I am not an Autocom user and really don't have a clue what I'm looking at, and certainly what it's worth.

I am thinking of maybe breaking it into 3 packages, one would be the 'belt', anther would be the box with the controller and 2 radios, then maybe just bundle the whole of the remainder into one lot and then stick them on Fleabay.

So... please can anyone tell me what we have here, and more importantly, if I split them us as described above, what sort of value do you think we can achieve? NB one radio is minus its battery pack.

Many, many thanks in anticipation.

Paul G

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 310
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 317
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 318
  • d.jpg
    d.jpg
    251.2 KB · Views: 317
More pics....

Attachments

• e.jpg
    e.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 285
  • f.jpg
    f.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 300
  • g.jpg
    g.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 298
  • h.jpg
    h.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 305
I think the easiest way to sell the leads is put £10 each or nearest offer because that will give everyone a chance to buy what they want at a fair price. The rest I’d put a what’s it worth? Question up here. Hope I’m not butting in. JJH

So the leads at £10 each... that's on this site, right?

That could work - what I want to avoid is creating 40 ebay adverts... just don't have time for that because I'm also still shifting a heap of body panels, tanks, triple clamps etc...

But if you are suggesting throwing it open on ukgser, I'd be very happy to pack and send individual leads on request, then whatever's left over can go on ebay.

I’m not looking to buy just trying to help. That £10 would be ono. I’m sure if any leads are way under priced someone will let you know. Mabey £10 is too low? JJH

You could offer leads as a job lot, say £250-£300.

Headsets for £150
Radios/chargers at £250 with logic.

Logic, with leads say £200.

I know they are worth more new, and maybe if you were willing to wait etc might get a bit more of fleabay, but the possible aggro of dealing with a fuckwit is something none of us would want for them.

My first thought was any offer £750 and up, as a job lot, would be a good starting point, and makes it less hassle for you too.

Also, it needs to be said, thank you for doing this, it isn't easy.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

So the leads at £10 each... that's on this site, right?

That could work - what I want to avoid is creating 40 ebay adverts... just don't have time for that because I'm also still shifting a heap of body panels, tanks, triple clamps etc...

But if you are suggesting throwing it open on ukgser, I'd be very happy to pack and send individual leads on request, then whatever's left over can go on ebay.

Paul your a star for doing this, I really want to see this work, but I think the market is dropping a bit, as lots of bods now have switched to Bluetooth stuff.

On a positive. The headset looms 3 of £20, you have a Bluetooth module £40 to £50, the Logic units 3 of £50 to £70 each. As others have said leads worth a try at £10 each. The 2 push to talk switches have had the leads cut off so only any good to a bob that doesn’t mind ferking about.

Good luck with the sale pal

Thanks everyone. I honestly had no idea what they were worth. Another tricky aspect is that I cannot guarantee that they work... I don't worry about all the leads, headphones, mics etc, I'm sure they're all fine, but things like those logic boxes... I just don't know and they're the higher value items.

Maybe that's another good reason to keep them among the GSer family, where we're comfortable that something delivered that doesn't work gets an immediate and no-question refund. :nenau

Thanks everyone. I honestly had no idea what they were worth. Another tricky aspect is that I cannot guarantee that they work... I don't worry about all the leads, headphones, mics etc, I'm sure they're all fine, but things like those logic boxes... I just don't know and they're the higher value items.

Maybe that's another good reason to keep them among the GSer family, where we're comfortable that something delivered that doesn't work gets an immediate and no-question refund. :nenau
Or, more importantly if it doesn't, it is for a good cause so nothing else matters.

...might get a bit more of fleabay, but the possible aggro of dealing with a fuckwit is something none of us would want for them.

Amen to that brother!

I had a laugh recently - on e-baying Chris's 3-bike trailer, one punter was asking lots of questions until I realised he intended to pull the trailer, (it's very heavy and un-braked), with potentially 3 big bikes on it... with a trike. I gently advised him that the prospect of the whole shebang getting a bit squirrely and out of shape on a fast twisty descent, and the trailer overtaking his trike, might be something he should avoid. :D:D

Amen to that brother!

I had a laugh recently - on e-baying Chris's 3-bike trailer, one punter was asking lots of questions until I realised he intended to pull the trailer, (it's very heavy and un-braked), with potentially 3 big bikes on it... with a trike. I gently advised him that the prospect of the whole shebang getting a bit squirrely and out of shape on a fast twisty descent, and the trailer overtaking his trike, might be something he should avoid. :D:D
Thank goodness he's not from this Parrish, then again coming to think of it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom