Pamplona Hotels

Rasher

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Does anyone have any recommendations for good sized Hotels in Pamplona (will need 5 rooms so little places unlikely to have enough capacity)

Ideally we want a fairly easy walk into the old town and ideally a secure bike park - this seems o be the challenge, most do not have a car park, many have parking "nearby" which could mean anything, but we may be OK with a place that has lots of street parking if it would be easy to get the bikes close to the Hotel and the town / area is not too shady.

Thanks in advance

I have been looking for possibilities for September - https://goo.gl/maps/omp5HTakwAC2 has street parking for bikes outside.

Bar, 10 minute walk to cathedral, optional breakfast, £50 for a single room, double from £67. Reasonable reviews.

Ticks enough boxes for me to take a punt

+1 for Hotel Avendia I have stayed there a couple of times :thumb

Edit: Can I also recommend you ride into Pamplona via the N-135 from Saint-Jean-Pied-de-Port

Looks like a toss up between Avendia and Albret.

Albret is a longer walk to town, but from Trip Advisor I see buses run past every few minutes, what looks much better with Albret is it has its own underground car park, I saw a review for Avendia where the car park had no spaces when they arrived and from what I can see the car park cannot be reserved, we will be pulling up with six bikes so this puts me off, Albret are saying "No Problem" for 6 bikes and we can book up front.

Anyone here tried Albret?

I have a friend (female Spanish :rolleyes:) who lives and is native to Pamplona, she found a serviced apartment that a friend and myself used a few years ago, the cost was reasonable. Let me know exactly what you need and I will ask her to have a look if you want? She may even give you a tour around the bars etc :thumb2 :augie

I stayed in a hotel in Pamplona in June.....probably a taxi into the centre but it was one of the most impressive hotels I have ever stayed in........it was like something out of a Bond movie.
Around 100 yoyos a room.

I'll look back through my Hotels.com to find it.
It was recommend to me on here.

Found it...

http://www.booking.com/Share-Qex0my

Sent from a U11

I have a friend (female Spanish :rolleyes:) who lives and is native to Pamplona, she found a serviced apartment that a friend and myself used a few years ago, the cost was reasonable. Let me know exactly what you need and I will ask her to have a look if you want? She may even give you a tour around the bars etc :thumb2 :augie

Cheers, we ended up in Hotel Albret, prefer Hotels when on the bike as they supply bedding, towels etc. and do not typically expect you to book for several days or a week as a minimum.

Any tips on great places to eat / drink welcome.

http://avenidahotel.es/

Like others say.

Nice rooms.

Underground parking across the road but make sure you book enough bike spaces in advance.

You can park up outside the hotel to unpack and then move the bikes.

Enjoy !

Any of the bars and restaurants around the square are good, also any down the side roads in the old part of town.

Irunnazarra restaurant was superb been there a couple of times. Its in one of the streets behind the square. Go right in there is seating at the back if it looks busy.

Thanks will scour the back streets, got two nights there so will try and find Irunnazarra for one of the nights and take a punt on the other one.

Stayed here last June.........fantastic hotel.
Very bike friendly, secure underground parking.
b7dfc53b27537644fc98ad63f1d39dd8.jpg

And I don't know who decides the star ratings but this place is much higher than a 3 star........its like something from a Bond movie

Sent from a U11

Back
Top Bottom