Bet youve never seen one of these

I took the parts off myself... put them in a box and drove round to my nearest Powder coating company.

Had a chat with them and they said £35 for the lot and it'll be ready tomorrow. Collected the parts and fitted them all back myself.

Had them done in Satin Black.

Cheap as chips :)

:thumb2

I presume there is no issue with the coat on the exhaust?

Well I removed and powder-coated my standard Exhaust, Rear Hand Rails, Luggage Plate, Crash Bars, Skid Plate and Hand Guards for £35

Then I bought some GS Alloy Wheels (as way way better to clean in Winter), second hand off eBay for £600 including tyres, TPMS Sensors and ABS Ring

Still got the spoked wheels

So the 'black' part shouldn't cost you much at all

Needs to be less black

:thumb2

I presume there is no issue with the coat on the exhaust?

Well....... it hasn't caused me any issues so far.

I bought an Africa Twin back in September 2017 and at that time, both bikes had silver exhausts and were pretty standard.

Attachments

• Twin 1.jpg
    Twin 1.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 423
  • Twin 3.jpg
    Twin 3.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 418
But then in October 2017 I decided to powder coat the GSA Exhaust only.... So I've done about 7000 miles through Summer 2018 on it and the powdercoat was fine. :thumb2

Still got the bike at the moment, and run it alongside the Africa Twin.

Here's a couple of pics just of the black exhaust

Attachments

• GSA11.jpg
    GSA11.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 458
  • GSA0.jpg
    GSA0.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 453
.... and then I decided to go all out on both bikes and get them really done up proper black :D

The Africa Twin was first :cool:

Attachments

• HAT2.jpg
    HAT2.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 466
  • HAT5.jpg
    HAT5.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 455
  • HAT6.jpg
    HAT6.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 457
  • HAT7.jpg
    HAT7.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 459
I must say that the AT looks really good. Personal choice and all that but I think it’s a much better looking bike than the GS and isn’t just another generic adventure bike with a beak!

I must say that the AT looks really good. Personal choice and all that but I think it’s a much better looking bike than the GS and isn’t just another generic adventure bike with a beak!

Cheers, it is a nice bike.

But then in October 2017 I decided to powder coat the GSA Exhaust only.... So I've done about 7000 miles through Summer 2018 on it and the powdercoat was fine. :thumb2

Still got the bike at the moment, and run it alongside the Africa Twin.

Here's a couple of pics just of the black exhaust

I like that

you dont have box frames on?

does this mean Vario paniers will fit?

What’s this bit of kit called, as I’d like to get it

Quite simply my boots are rubbing the frames paint work away, I’d like this bit of kit.

Attachments

• 530541D7-94F7-4D88-9E3C-FA701EDFAF44.jpg
    530541D7-94F7-4D88-9E3C-FA701EDFAF44.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 169

Back
Top Bottom