K1200GT rear wheel axle

dsrider

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I am new to this forum, I found about it just recently.

I have an issue with the rear wheel axle in the rear wheel drive on a K1200GT 2008. This part is not available from BMW and it is part of complete rear wheel drive. I am looking for used one. I now it is a long shot since usually everyone sells the complete rear wheel drive. Does any one have this axle for sale or know someone who dismantles BMW motorcycles for parts? The part is the one in the attached picture. This part is the same for K1200GT, K1200S, K1300GT and K1300S

Attachments

• K1200GT wheel axle.jpg
    K1200GT wheel axle.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 356
Motorworks, James Sherlock or there's someone in Lithuania, although I would always have any items from them delivered to a third party address where there are no motorbikes!

Have you considered whether the K13 part fits your K12, quite a lot can be interchangeable.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thanks,

I know Motorworks and James Sherlock. I have been buying from them in the past. I have already contacted them and waiting for reply.

Many parts are interchangeable between K13 and K12. Rear wheel drive from K1200GT with Integral ABS Gen.2 is the same as K1300 series. Only the color is different.

The crown wheel/axle is a matched pair with the pinion.
You ,in theory,should never mix and match.
Also,if replacing the crown wheel and pinion assemblies ,you will need to check/reshim the fd unit to ensure the mesh/backlash is ok..
Probably easier/cheaper to get another unit and rebuild that,

The crown wheel/axle is a matched pair with the pinion.
You ,in theory,should never mix and match.
Also,if replacing the crown wheel and pinion assemblies ,you will need to check/reshim the fd unit to ensure the mesh/backlash is ok..
Probably easier/cheaper to get another unit and rebuild that,

Yes, I am aware that in theory you should not mix wheel axle and pinion. I am sure that is the reason why BMW don't sell single parts for the finial drive, at least not wheel axle and pinion. I own small independent workshop and mainly dealing with BMW bikes. The bike is from a customer. Two year ago I noticed a play in the rear wheel and after measuring the play I told the customer that he should immediately take the bike to BMW dealer for a check/repair/re-shim since I don't have the tools for measuring in order to determine the shims for reassembly. The customer did not took my advice seriously and few months later the wheel axle bearing got damaged and also damaged the seal, it was quite a mess with oil all over the final drive. I took the final drive at BMW dealer and they changed all damaged parts and re-shimmed the final drive. One year and 5.000 Km later the final drive started to make horrible and loud squealing noise. There was no play in the finial drive and the oil was clean. Dealer told me that there is 2 years warranty on the service and parts and I should bring it over so they can repair it. After they opened the finial drive they concluded that the wheel axle has excessive wear and the bearing can not be fitted and just slides out from the axle. As a first option the dealer told me that if we manage to find wheel axle they will put it together and re-shim the final drive free of charge and they will give another 2 years warranty. I am not convinced that it will last but with the conditions that the dealer offered, the customer decided to take the risk. At the moment, both me and the dealer are looking for wheel axle. If we can not find wheel axle, then we will go for complete final drive.

But finding just wheel axle is almost impossible. We could find for GS but not for the K series.

i got a complete rear paralever, drive unit and brake caliper n disc from a breaker on ebay for £99.00 delivered. search for (k1200gt,k1300gt) you might be surprised as sometimes the breakers sell them off cheap or will accept an offer.

i got a complete rear paralever, drive unit and brake caliper n disc from a breaker on ebay for £99.00 delivered. search for (k1200gt,k1300gt) you might be surprised as sometimes the breakers sell them off cheap or will accept an offer.
Found this on eBay try to make an offer you might get a bargain like I did. Item number 183770344560

Back
Top Bottom