Rukka Energater jacket

Rick B

Reaction score
Anyone know where i can get this jacket from,,Ive tried the usual J&S,FC Moto Infinity, it seems a cheaper version of the Navigator but the only ones i have seen in a 48 have the blue or orange piping,i just want the all black.
TIA

Anyone know where i can get this jacket from,,Ive tried the usual J&S,FC Moto Infinity, it seems a cheaper version of the Navigator but the only ones i have seen in a 48 have the blue or orange piping,i just want the all black.
TIA
Bikerland.de worth a try.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

It IS the Navigatorr jacket.
The importer specify a different name for all UK sold products to try and stop people buying from mainland europe for considerably less ££
You can't get the "Energater" here for that reason.
Same as the fact they've had the new one with the down inner liners over there for nearly 2yrs but again until stocks of other stuff had been sold off then Tran-am wouldn't bring them here!

Try Infinty Motorcycles they have some Rukka stuff on offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought my Rukka Navigator from Dean at Helmet City in Cheddar as this branch is local to me. He didn't have my size in stock at the time, but overnight got in two sizes for me to try, so then bought the jacket that fitted best. Later doing the same for me regarding the trousers. Great service every time I'm in there.

It is true that Tranam who are the UK importer of Rukka products change the name of the Rukka clothing when it comes in the UK - this was down to Rukka being absolutely destroyed in the UK Market for the past few years. Basically every time you go to sell something Rukka you'd end up having to price match someone in Germany who kill the price by 20-30% at times, which UK retailers just couldn't keep doing. It's a big investment in the stock for the amount of money you make from it making 10-20% margin at a time.. it got to the point where you may as well sell a £250 RST Jacket & make the same amount of money from it. This has definitely made a big change, but not completely as those smart enough to realise the stock is the same just different names still have the same thing happening :)

The Navigatorr jacket isn't available any more in the UK so you can get one of those from Europe cheap, unless anyone has old stock (Usually infinity take all discontinued rukka as they have multiple outlets to spread the stock over and sell it cheap)

If anyone wants a Rukka suit, from the current range feel free to get in touch and I'll see what we can do for you, better to make something than let the Germans destroy the UK market again. I do wish people would buy less from overseas and support UK Retailers, whether it is us or your local stockist.

Anyone who buys from FC-Moto / Bikerland is definitely helping destroy the UK Market.

Jamie, are the Germans getting the stock cheaper or are they just working off a different business model? (larger volumes/lower margins)

Sent from a U11

As I understand it Tran am, as the importer, are the ones making the profit over the clothing rather than the dealers.

They are just getting squeezed, from dealers abroad, and struggling to stay open.

If you don't buy locally ish, then soon the nearest dealer to you maybe Dusseldorf !

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

If anyone wants a Rukka suit, from the current range feel free to get in touch and I'll see what we can do for you, better to make something than let the Germans destroy the UK market again. I do wish people would buy less from overseas and support UK Retailers, whether it is us or your local stockist.

Anyone who buys from FC-Moto / Bikerland is definitely helping destroy the UK Market.

Here, here. I always looks at buying local as they are not always more expensive. Even if it is just a few quid extra it is also easier to return should you have issues.

The issue isn't buying from abroad - its the fact that the UK market is ridiculously more expensive.
Even if it was £/€ equal it wouldn't be quite so bad but it isn't.
The cheapest in the UK currently is Infinity at £799.99
Mick at Sport Touring did have a couple but sent them back so as not to be lumbered with them when Tranam changed stock.
FC-Moto are £584.36.
Thats almost 30% cheaper!
Motolegends and Infinity will do price matches to around 10-15% but the difference is still almost the matching trousers.

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...bProducts/Rukka-Energater-Textile-Jacket-0003
https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...ts/Rukka-Energater-Gore-Tex-Textile-Pant-0078

Whilst I'd love to support UK businesses and indeed have spent serious amounts of money with both of the above over the years - when the differences are that big, theres only so much extra ££ you can stomach before you click "buy" from FC-Moto or Bikerland, etc.

Jamie, are the Germans getting the stock cheaper or are they just working off a different business model? (larger volumes/lower margins)

Sent from a U11

I actually don't know the answer to this, rumours int he industry is that Tranam are greedy with the Retail price, and set it higher than what they could/should... which is great for them, but not for us. I assume Germany etc buy cheaper than us but their Retail prices are also lower.

The issue isn't buying from abroad - its the fact that the UK market is ridiculously more expensive.
Even if it was £/€ equal it wouldn't be quite so bad but it isn't.
The cheapest in the UK currently is Infinity at £799.99
Mick at Sport Touring did have a couple but sent them back so as not to be lumbered with them when Tranam changed stock.
FC-Moto are £584.36.
Thats almost 30% cheaper!
Motolegends and Infinity will do price matches to around 10-15% but the difference is still almost the matching trousers.

https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...bProducts/Rukka-Energater-Textile-Jacket-0003
https://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.s...ts/Rukka-Energater-Gore-Tex-Textile-Pant-0078

Whilst I'd love to support UK businesses and indeed have spent serious amounts of money with both of the above over the years - when the differences are that big, theres only so much extra ££ you can stomach before you click "buy" from FC-Moto or Bikerland, etc.

This product in particular is a bit of an anomolee, it's discontinued, and they buy cheaper already. I don't know the buy in prices etc. I know most Rukka retailers work on between 25-35% margin, some maybe 40% - I don't know what the discontinued lines buy in price is, but if someone in the UK has the jackets, ask them see if it's possible they can do it?

Remember when I bought my Armas jacket in Germany retail there was 1050 Euros which at the time a pound was worth 1.4 Euros so it was the equivalent of £750.

It was in a sale for 790 euros so it cost me £564, through all UK dealers the same jacket was retailing at £1099 with no discounts available (it would be the equivalent of 1540 Euros).

Was speaking to the manager of the Louis store I bought it from and he was shocked by the UK retail prices saying that the importer must be putting a huge mark up on the price they were bringing them into the country for .

Same as the Schuberth helmets and Daytona boots I have purchased in Germany at decent discounts .

All three products have the same importer !

Remember when I bought my Armas jacket in Germany retail there was 1050 Euros which at the time a pound was worth 1.4 Euros so it was the equivalent of £750.

It was in a sale for 790 euros so it cost me £564, through all UK dealers the same jacket was retailing at £1099 with no discounts available (it would be the equivalent of 1540 Euros).

Was speaking to the manager of the Louis store I bought it from and he was shocked by the UK retail prices saying that the importer must be putting a huge mark up on the price they were bringing them into the country for .

Same as the Schuberth helmets and Daytona boots I have purchased in Germany at decent discounts .

All three products have the same importer !

Yeah, that's what I was getting at.
TranAm are taking the piss!!

or maybe ze Germans aren't buying from a distributor and are buying direct from the mothership(s) and there is one less slice of cake to be served.

If you buy from the UK, you receive a 6 year warranty, ( 5 years in Europe) and as said, put food on UK business owners table. I have the Navigator on a special for £750.00 for the Jacket, £500.00 for the Trouser

Jenks

Buying ‘out of season’ and/ or discontinued lines can save a lot of money.

I’ve (literally) just bought some Armaxion trousers for £370.

Back
Top Bottom