Show US your 1*90 aftermarket Hand Guards

EVskij

Hand-crafting clients' ideas in real time
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for inspirations for my SAS.

I dislike OEM setup with multiple clamps slapped all over the bars. Same applies to barkbusters and so on. Not keen on them. to many lumps make it for a(personal opinion) shit and distracting appearance.

Why did you buy an Adventure bike then?

Personally, I think Barkbusters do the job and I doubt many on here would disagree. I know they work.

IMG_1559.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why did you buy an Adventure bike then?

Personally, I think Barkbusters do the job and I doubt many on here would disagree. I know they work.

View attachment 398857

I bought an Adventure bike because it fits me well (I am 6’3” with 35 3/4” inseam) and I like riding position it has to offer. I do a very light off-roading now and again (camp site, gravel car park at a National trust sites, odd fire track, etc)

I do not dislike hand guards, I just dislike fugly ones, with overly complicated mountings and out of touch (raw ally on an anodised black bars) with the rest of the bikes design.

I like having hand guards of some description, not because I’m worried about smashing my hands up but because they keep the rain off and can also keep them a bit warmer if it gets chilly late in the evening. The choice is very limited for the 1290 Superduke GT so I’ve put Puig ones on and they do exactly what I wanted from them.

I like having hand guards of some description, not because I’m worried about smashing my hands up but because they keep the rain off and can also keep them a bit warmer if it gets chilly late in the evening. The choice is very limited for the 1290 Superduke GT so I’ve put Puig ones on and they do exactly what I wanted from them.

Then new 2019 SD GT comes with hand guard as standard now. Unfortunately for time being new bikes being shipped without the guards, as there has been a delay with supplying them in time. I piped into my dealer yesterday lunch time (hoping to pick up a set for my SAS) and was told that forecasted availability at the moment for second week of February. Now these are only single point mounting (at the bar end) and have what looks like (barkbusters type) removable cover for summer riding, leaving you with a “lever guard” still in place in case you drop the thing.
I am however not to sure at this moment in time if an entire guard assembly is made of plastic or just the removable cover and rest of it is ally.

By fitting these to SAS (which I shall keep 95% of the time on the tarmac) will clean up the handlebar mess, yet still give you some protection from rain and cold breeze.

Bellow is parts list from KTM

the parts required are 8, 9, 33, 34, 35.
IMG_5415.jpg

My favored KTM dealer sold me a set of 1290 SD guards which I wasted about an hour trying to fit before going back and asking what I was doing wrong. The guy in charge of the parts and accessories desk had a look and told me I was doing nothing wrong but the muppet who sold them to me shouldn’t have done because they don’t fit :blast

I scowled a bit and said never mind, I needed a bike specific tankbag which they had in stock so we made a price adjustment and I was given 10% discount for my troubles.

0da264ef29931178310f0e08a9b00a70.jpg

Back
Top Bottom