Riding the Sotros Trail - 2018

PhaedrusMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Me & Crunch riding the trail last October...

All cameras recorded at 1080p 30fps, edited in DaVinci Resolve and rendered at 1080p 30fps. Uploaded to YouTube at 1080p 30fps. But YT seems to have affected the quality - doesn't look as sharp as I expect 1080p to look?

There'll be four more, for anyone who's innerested...

Me & Crunch riding the trail last October...

All cameras recorded at 1080p 30fps, edited in DaVinci Resolve and rendered at 1080p 30fps. Uploaded to YouTube at 1080p 30fps. But YT seems to have affected the quality - doesn't look as sharp as I expect 1080p to look?

There'll be four more, for anyone who's innerested...

Enjoyed part 1 :thumb2 and will look out for the future installments :D

I'm over there in late July 19, and was hoping to ride part of the trail, but I'll have road tyres (road attack 3's) on as the trip will be mainly road based......looking @ the video, the trail looks OK and doesn't phase me (so far) to have a ride up....

However, perhaps you could advise if road tyres would be OK

Road tyres probably fine, but given our level of ability, experience and confidence we opted for Karoo 3s. Our thinking was that these would be better on roads than road tyres would be off road. Not at all disappointed with the K3s over the whole trip, though we did fit Karoo Street rears in Jaca when the K3s were past best.

Road tyres probably fine, but given our level of ability, experience and confidence we opted for Karoo 3s. Our thinking was that these would be better on roads than road tyres would be off road. Not at all disappointed with the K3s over the whole trip, though we did fit Karoo Street rears in Jaca when the K3s were past best.
What's your thoughts on the Karoo Street??

Sent from a U11

Bin Ridin had Tourances on the bike when I bought it from him - great tyre, happy with them. According to Cotters, Tourances now produced in China while newer models (incl. Karoos) are produced in Germany. That may make no difference, but I now see the Karoo Streets as my new Tourance.

Still have the K3 on the front - when the time comes I'll deffo get a Street on there. We hit some wet weather after we fitted the Streets and neither me nor Adam (Super Tenere) had any complaints, including riding the Col Du Tourmalet in near-freezing conditions.

Maybe another 1500km done in Ireland in all weathers - again, no complaints. Never feels like it's on the edge or about to let go. A lot of the roundabouts I ride near work are always a bit dieselly, and even in the wet I feel OK with the K3 on the front and Street on the rear, though obviously I don't push hard anyway on a wet dieselly roundabout... If a tyre works for me, I don't bother experimenting with others.

Really enjoyed parts 1-5 :thumb2

Makes me want to ride the trail even more now....just need to convince my riding buddies :D

Hi
How long is the trail approximately?

Thanks

Espinama to Sotres is 14km or so. You then return to Espinama on the same trail or carry on to another place. When we go back to do it again we'll go Espinama -> Sotres -> La Hermida.

The dogs trying to attack you in the second video wasn’t pleasant. Was there much of that over there?

Not pleasant. I love dogs and it bothered me that one of them took a bit of a clatter - see my wobble from the impact of his heft when the camera is pointing up at me (around 8:38-ish).

That was the only time we saw those dogs, and seeing as the walkers came in the opposite direction I'm not even sure the dogs were actually "attacking". But I certainly wasn't going to stop to make friends with them...

Back
Top Bottom