BTBR Mk II Lighting set is here...........well nearly

BTBR

Compulsive tinkerer........!
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have been working quite hard over the last few months to develop a rather good and better light set than I had before.

It is still not complete but to be honest I am quite happy so far, so I'd thought that I would share where I am to date.

This is the set up so far for the dipped beam, as per the norm, it is switched on via the Nippy Normans Autoswitch wired into the indicator cancel circuit.

The lights are PIAA 510 Super White lights, again supplied by Nippy Norman, who after much searching around proved to be the most competitively priced. Top bloke Norman, thanks :thumb

Attachments

• front 510 resized.jpg
    front 510 resized.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,034
The PIAA are lights are fastened on the bike using the very good but feckin' expensive GMT Moto light brackets.

You just remove the plastic spacer from in between the indicator lense and the beak and replace with this CNC machined work of art.

And a work of art they are to..........if only they were not so dam expensive :mad:

Attachments

• piaa 510 os resized.jpg
    piaa 510 os resized.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,030
Alan,

A few weeks ago you very kindly e-mailed your phone numbers and the info sheet about BTBR Lights mk 1.
Unfortunately my computer threw its teddy out of the pram and in the ensuing recovery I lost a chunk of data - including your phone numbers :mad:

Would you be so kind as to send them to me again at either david@ssdh.co.uk or workshop@flicmodels.com.

And... how long is your waiting list for BTBR lights mk 2? :D

Thanks a lot,

David

DavidHale said:
Alan,

A few weeks ago you very kindly e-mailed your phone numbers and the info sheet about BTBR Lights mk 1.
Unfortunately my computer threw its teddy out of the pram and in the ensuing recovery I lost a chunk of data - including your phone numbers :mad:

Would you be so kind as to send them to me again at either david@ssdh.co.uk or workshop@flicmodels.com.

And... how long is your waiting list for BTBR lights mk 2? :D

Thanks a lot,

David

David,

I still have your details on file @ home, I'll mail it all again tonite.

But if I do forget, then drop me another mail :- bigtrailbikerider@btinternet.com or 07761 786828

As for the waiting list, the third week in September is the first free date as it currently stands:( but thats for the std MkI kit.

As for the MkII kit, I am still working on that, but watch this space as they say!

BTBR

Looks good, let me know when the MkII kit is ready.

Andy

Droopy Dick said:
More importantly, can the Mk 11 kit be added to the already excellent Mk 1 kit?

Just imagine the effect on the cage drivers!!!!!!!!!!!

In a word, yes.

But the current problem is the light bar, while the MiGSel bar is fantastic for mounting the FF50/75's or Micro DE's lights, it will not allow for the mounting of any the PIAA lights that I intend to use.

Of course it can be modified by adding some gussets, but the lights will still cover up the indicator lense.

But Nippy Norman has now got some stainless steel PIAA light brackets that will fit the GS. OK, they can only be used for mounting one set of lights, but if its just a supplement for main or dip beam that is required, then these are the ones to go for with the 510 lights IMHO.

The GMTMoto brackets (as shown) are excellant, but they work out to about £130 a pair direct from the States.....yes thats £130......:yikes :yikes :yikes

The other lights, not yet fitted, but have been promised for tomorrow will be mounted on the Terra Nova bar, again direct from the States and is roughly the same price as the GMT Moto brackets....£130......:yikes :yikes :yikes

As for the cost of the lights, the top ones, Super White 510's are from memory £160 per pair, but they come complete with a loom, relay and waterproof switch. Which can be fitted to the GS straight from the box with little fuss.

The bottom lights will be 520 SMR lights, again not cheap at £206 per pair. But what quality these lights are?

As a point of interest, but I understand that Nippy Norman will now be stocking both sets of the afore mentioned lights.

So lets look forward to tomorrow night then, when, hopefully it will all be finished?

BTBR

bigtrailbikerider said:
In a word, yes.

But the current problem is the light bar, while the MiGSel bar is fantastic for mounting the FF50/75's or Micro DE's lights, it will not allow for the mounting of any the PIAA lights that I intend to use.

I wasn't thinking of removing any lights, just adding two more with those oh-so-sexy GMTMoto mounts, a pair of which I saw on an American friend's 1150. Stunning little bits of kit.

i have a set of mounted spot lights that are marking my forks when turned sharp left and right. Can you send me the email web page address or any other info on those light. my standard lights are very poor. Your bike looks gorgeous. have you any other interesting mods? Not heading to Lahinch by any chance?email at ccrowleybl@eircom.net

GMT MotoMounts

Hi BTBR. Just doing a search re lights and seen the light mounts. Just what Im after. Was that £130 inc the import tax etc. Did they take long to arrive. Is there a European importer? Saw Lukes post "good news about GTM mounts" poss cheaper!! Loads of questions I know. Sorry :)

I have a pair of PIAA lights fitted, cheaper and slightly inferior to the above, but they are awesome. Highly recommended.

Back
Top Bottom