Going east, before it's too late

Berg

Reaction score
In 2017 and 2018 I did a RTW trip. I did write the report when traveling so not much text but lot of photos.
You can see the write report here:
https://advrider.com/f/threads/going-east-before-its-too-late.1223265/

RTW%20ferð-X2.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

this looks like a fab trip, goona go through it over the coming days.
thanks for sharing :thumb

Enjoyed reading through that trip.....well done you.
I’m having the same thoughts you had before leaving on your world tour..I’m now 63 and have wanted to do a trip like this for many years.....next year I’m going to do it. I have a 1200gsa and intend to use that, I know it’s a lump in the sand as I’ve done Morocco a few times but the sand bit is only a small part of the journey I suppose......what is a very rough cost of a trip like yours ?
If you are going again I’m in.......
Thanks for the effort you put into sharing all the journey...

It was 83.000 km and the cost was ca 28.000 to 30.000 pound, 25% of the cost was transport with a ferry or plain.
If you go in to Mongolia from Ulan Ude and the same way back you can see Mongolia mostly driving on asphalt. Mongolia is desert in the south and the rest are green hills, not much to see.
You need good suspension, I had Ohlins witch made it possible to take the bike through Central-Asia. In N-America you do not need suspension the roads are flat and good.

I've spent the last couple of evenings reading the trip report. Really enjoyed it. (I couldn't help but silently read with an Icelandic accent)
Where next then ? South America?

I've spent the last couple of evenings reading the trip report. Really enjoyed it. (I couldn't help but silently read with an Icelandic accent)
Where next then ? South America?

Russia is on the top of the list but maybe I will go to S-America in few years on a different bike.

Thank you for your trip report Berg.
Very inspiring, great photos :thumby:

This is an excellent ride report with some stunning photos - many thanks for sharing it with us. :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom