Keis Inner Heated Gloves - my thoughts

Flaming T

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I recently purchased these off this parish and used them for the first time yesterday. I have them wired in to the bike (2014 GSA) and located the Y connection through between the inner and outer jacket of my Alpinestars jacket.

We went out in the afternoon with the temperature at a 'pleasant' 7deg but after an hour or so it had dropped to about 3deg. At a short stop i decided to put them on and plug them in..... what a difference they make. I rode the rest of the afternoon without the heated grips on and the hands stayed nice a warm. I have suffered from the fingertips more than anything else getting very cold and these have now stopped that issue.

They are so good that i could start to feel the difference in temperature between my palms and fingers. If you are deciding whether to buy them or not, take it from me.... you wont be disappointed.

I have these and the standard gloves too.
The gloves can be worn on their own without being switched despite having nerve damage that makes below 8 degrees painful and you get sweaty hands!
The inner gloves get used with the Rukka clam gloves on the 14 - best purchase ever for the cost.

Thanks for the review. I've been debating if to get heated gloves or just inners.
Did you go up a size on the gloves?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review. I've been debating if to get heated gloves or just inners.
Did you go up a size on the gloves?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

No, buy the size that you need as they need to be snug.

If anyone wants some, we've got 2 pairs in stock, 1 Large and 1 XL

Can do them at £55 posted - we don't usually stock them so could do with just clearing out of stock.

If anyone wants some, we've got 2 pairs in stock, 1 Large and 1 XL

Can do them at £55 posted - we don't usually stock them so could do with just clearing out of stock.

XL SOLD - Only Large left.

The preference for heated gear just shows how individual we all are. My work colleagues ride in using just heated grips, whereas I need the heated gloves as well.

I know others swear by muffs, heated grips and summer gloves.

If someone says they need heated gloves to fend off the weather, then they do!

No, buy the size that you need as they need to be snug.

This may be true of the Keis inners themselves but no way can you get Keis inners inside your normal size winter gloves. In my experience, you need a minimum of one and sometimes two sizes larger outer gloves because the Keis inners are so thick.

Makes WAY more sense to get proper heated gloves instead...

This may be true of the Keis inners themselves but no way can you get Keis inners inside your normal size winter gloves. In my experience, you need a minimum of one and sometimes two sizes larger outer gloves because the Keis inners are so thick.

Makes WAY more sense to get proper heated gloves instead...

Yes...agreed. I happen to have a pair of gloves that are on the large size which fit perfectly over the Keis inners. At £40 though, the inners were way cheaper than £170+ for ‘proper’ heated gloves.

I've just been through all of this myself.I have used Gerbing and Warm'n'Safe heated gloves. I have found that the fit is critical, at least for me. Too snug and they get uncomfortable and get localised 'hot spots'. Too loose and you don't get effective heat transfer. I am now using WnS inners, which look very similar to the Keis ones. They are stretchy and you do need to make sure your outer gloves will fit comfortably over them. I ended up buying a pair of Rukka GTX 3 chamber gloves (lobster claw type). They are not too thick so work well with the heated inners underneath. For me, this is the best solution as I find the heated gloves a bit of a faff. With the inners it is easy to put them on, connect up cables and they are still thin enough to then be able to fasten cuffs and put outer gloves on.
I also have the WnS dual controller which is perfect. With gloves I think you need the fine adjustment which you don't get with the controllers which have 3 or 4 settings.

It's definitely worth spending the time finding the right gear. It has taken me a while but once you have it sorted there's no going back if you ride all year round.

Back
Top Bottom