Does anyone know this R100RS?

Bobbin-Man

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Advertised for sale on Cars & Classics: https://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C1055010

My brother's interested in it, it's identical to one he had in the '80s and as much as I've tried to persuade him he needs a GS in his life he's not listening! It's located in Sudbury which is miles away from us up in Cheshire, but he's been talking to the seller and is planning to take a run down to view it, any useful additional background info I can get in the meantime would be a big help.

Stu.

Looks nice but I'm not sure about the screen 'cos it looks too tall for OEM.

Yes that was my brother's comment as well, the original RS screen doesn't flick up at the back edge.

Looking at used bikes over the last few years I think it's far more common to see that flipped up screen than the original.

Presumably they're better... but I'd still take the original just for its fine looks.

Correct ... the original screen didn't flip up at the rear edge :thumb2

:beerjug:

Silver beige? (Sounds like a description of some of us here!) Light flywheel - not so good imho. Brembo brakes. Good. £8k? If you value the low miles and if condition matches, then fine. Personally, I'd go for either an original wire wheel model and maybe pay a bit more or look for a pre-81, heavy flywheel model, even if it had a bigger mileage. Would be a bit cheaper too, I suspect. Good luck.

The advertisement clearly states the bike had been poorly stored leading to lots of corrosion. Even though it has been stripped and repainted what about all the other bits that will have suffered? Wiring loom, other electrical components etc etc. A friend acquired an equally low mileage /5 that had only been used for two years. To bring it up to as new condition it had a 100% rebuild, and I mean everything. Now, these two examples cannot be exactly compared because this one may not have been as bad. I do think, at this price I’d want to see something quite special as in unrestored and in pristine condition.

Back
Top Bottom