System 7 comms. Any issues pairing with other makes?

Bonzo

Reaction score
Been using a Sena S20 Evo on my HJC, but for an Austria ride in September Ive bought a system 7. The inner tart in me will surely crumble & get the integrated comms pack.

Knowing BMW can be a bit fickle, I wondered if I could expect any pairing issues with the other riders Interphone F5MC & Sena's?

Been using a Sena S20 Evo on my HJC, but for an Austria ride in September Ive bought a system 7. The inner tart in me will surely crumble & get the integrated comms pack.

Knowing BMW can be a bit fickle, I wondered if I could expect any pairing issues with the other riders Interphone F5MC & Sena's?
As a total tartlet, I got the neon yellow with dayglo bits, I'm a bit of a shrinking violet, as everyone here knows.

I did much research, or about 20 minutes, on the integrated Bluetooth, apparently it uses the same motherboard/hardware as the system 6 stuff. I'm guessing that the software has been updated, then again.....

It isn't much of an update from my system 6 one, and you still have to do the phone via the Satnav bollocks although it will do the tft dashes ok.

Connecting to Sena, eventually they saw one another, I'd give it 5 out of 10, haven't tried the bike to bike range, but poor or bloody awful were used, compared to the Sena which uses a nodal system.

Is it worth the money, if you've a tft/K16 other BMW Bluetooth helmet, probably yes.

If you don't, then no. There are technically better units at lower cost than the BMW version.

If you can get a system 7 integrated for £500, as I did, then go for it.

Also it is Carbon, Extra bling factor

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

My Friend has a System 7 with comms and an RT with Audio, it works superb. However when he wants to connect to a Sena or Schuberth comms it is a nightmare. In short BMW to BMW works good, but BMW to anything else is a nightmare. Id avoid and buy a sena to connect up with Nav etc and other riders

My Friend has a System 7 with comms and an RT with Audio, it works superb. However when he wants to connect to a Sena or Schuberth comms it is a nightmare. In short BMW to BMW works good, but BMW to anything else is a nightmare. Id avoid and buy a sena to connect up with Nav etc and other riders

Thanks DC. That was kinda my fear.

Ill hold off ordering the BM comms pack and try the Sena on the lid when it gets to me. I can try the stick pad to mount it & although it wont look as neat & tidy, if it works that'll do.

Be still raging inner tart!

Back
Top Bottom