Garmisch motored days 2019 anyone going ????

seeing if anyone going this year

I'm going
Plan on leaving for the Tunnel on the 1st, returning around the 12th. Camping, and flexible on routes depending on weather. More than happy to join up with anyone, either for travel or festival.

Always a last minute decision on events, this one is only a few hours down the road, so maybe, if weather is decent.

Weather permitting will be heading over 29/30th June steady ride through France camping enroute will probably arrive thurs and do Friday heading north into Germany sat for a few days.

Euro Tunnel booked for 1st for me and Ibis Saint Omer for first night after a long day in the saddle. Camping the rest of the nights. Aim to be in Garmish Thurs evening or Friday morning.

We're booked on the 8.35 tunnel on the 4th, heading towards Nancy I think for the first night. We could only find accommodation in Oberammergau, as GP is fully booked. Friday and Saturday night over then depart Sunday for the Transport museum in central Germany, then up to the Mohne Dam, Ypres on Tuesday and Chunnel Wednesday afternoon. Can't wait!

Happy to meet for a beer or share a table on the Saturday night!

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk

Happy to meet for a beer or share a table on the Saturday night!

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. We should make some arrangements just before. Last year, a WhatsApp groups was set up.

Mark

Friend and I will be going, we plan a BBQ at my house near Bad Buchau on the afternoon/evening of 4th and will ride over early on the 5th. From my house its about 3 hours/200km to Garmisch on some nice roads. If anyone is passing nearby and wants to camp on 3rd or 4th there is lots of room in the garden!

Attachments

• 183773EC-2ACF-48C0-BCC8-C42C236D3C70.jpg
    183773EC-2ACF-48C0-BCC8-C42C236D3C70.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 414
Hi Folks
I have tried looking on the website for the event but idont seem to be able to determine if there is an entrance fee, Could you help?

Bike being serviced next week in preparation for this. I'm up for a WhatsApp group if anyone fancies a beer on the Friday or Saturday night. Happy to co ordinate it if you want to PM me.

Just checked the long range weather forecast on the BBC App. It looks to be good for the event weekend, high 20’s on the Fri and Sat, with showers on the Sun.

Weather looks great. Setting back off on the Sunday, we're heading for the Mohne Dam, aiming to get there for lunchtime Monday. Anyone any ideas on a nice place to stop in between the two? Planning lunch in Nuremberg on Sunday then maybe an hour or two north of that?

Fulda/ Wurzburg/ Bad Kissinghem?

Flying into memmingen friday picking up Bike from Overlanders and heading over to Garmish saturday before heading off for two weeks.
Looking forward to it !

Sweet Jesus, it's hot here!!!

Yep. Made worse with a hangover ��
Saving ours for tonight. Only accommodation available was in Oberammergau, so bus in tonight

Back
Top Bottom