Whats it worth?

Johnnydrama

Reaction score
Just thinking of going up a few years and have no idea of trade or private price.

Its a 131 d r1200gs lc, white with 26000kms. Excellent condition but for one mark on left rocker cover.

Full te spec.
Extras include nav vi, bmw tankbag, tt seat bag, risers, mra screen, vario topcase and spots.

Any ideas on money or interest folks?

May trade if I like!
c63224e3dc5d583584dfeafb1135496c.jpg
bde3e62273470b0f8f1da9399a0123d0.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

If you are thinking of a bmw Id bring it into Duffy’s and push hard for a deal on a 16 or 17 bike. Whatever your dont take their first offer. That should give you an idea what it’s worth. The advantage of buying from a dealer is the warranty and I find it less hassle than a private sale. I sold my daughters fiat panda on done deal and the amount of people ringing up talking shite is amazing. It was only €400 ffs. One guy offered €200 and then rang to say he got one for €270. Another guy wanted the gearbox out of it. Wasters. JJH

I wouldn't go anywhere near Joe Duffy! Biggest bunch of robbing, ignorant wankers

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Hi Mide

Yeh i hear ya. I wonder if the charles hurst used warranty is valid in the republic?!

Great deals up in NI.

Lovely bike that!

I suppose int he current market it's worth what you can get someone to pay for it. Seems that there are quite a few bikes on the market at the moment even in the ROI. When I was looking for one around this time last year the choice at home wasn't great yet in the UK great deals were to be had.

Whatever you decide good luck with your decision!

The market is low at the moment,

Ive seen13 plates with 20xx miles on them going for £7800 with full BMW warranty

The target is around £7.5K private at the mo

The market is low at the moment,

Ive seen13 plates with 20xx miles on them going for £7800 with full BMW warranty

The target is around £7.5K private at the mo

That is fantastic value if you are buying at the moment. I'd love to go up a few years from my 2009 GSA but it would all depend on what I could get for her.

I wouldn't go anywhere near Joe Duffy! Biggest bunch of robbing, ignorant wankers

I’ve been dealing with Duffy’s for a good while now say 15 years. They have vastly improved in the last 10 years. I’ve never been robbed or expeneried any ignorance. Any wanking was kept private. They have a genuinely nice bunch of people there now. Yes if you want the best deal you gota push and haggle hard. I’ve always been happy with the deal in the end. Not first offer though. Bruce is always keen to do a deal. JJH

I bought 2 new bikes off Duffy's when Paul was there. Top bloke and they treated me so well. Even switching over all my accessories without me asking or expecting. I have not bought a bike from Patrick yet but would be happy to do so. They sorted my used UK BMW warranty claim and didn't bat an eyelid.
I bought 1 new bike from Keary's and again first rate.
Johnny, pop in and talk to them and get some advice. The worst that could happen is you get a spin on a 1250 and a reasonably good cup of coffee.
What did Duffy's do to my Mide? we will have to have a pint and hear that story.

BTW of you are thinking of putting your nice motorcycle on DD, you will be lucky if you get a single call unless it is dirt cheap or you are willing to take a tatty older bike in trade.

BTW of you are thinking of putting your nice motorcycle on DD, you will be lucky if you get a single call unless it is dirt cheap or you are willing to take a tatty older bike in trade.

Wholly agree with that! Lots of nuisance calls, tyre kickers and stupid offers. Advertisers are as bad though lots of stuff advertised is click bait and long sold when you ring and adds don’t get removed etc. Hard to beat a bit of haggling with a dealer and at least you have some kind of come back if something goes wrong.

Cheers folks. Ill pop in today n see.

agree totally. JJH

Well their doesnt seem to be many bikes available in dealers to trade up too. Either that or they dont want my bike. Tried JDuffy and CHurst and they both dont have anything. Hopefully Jer in Kearys has something or I might be off to Orange side again.

I’ve been dealing with Duffy’s for a good while now say 15 years. They have vastly improved in the last 10 years. I’ve never been robbed or expeneried any ignorance. Any wanking was kept private. They have a genuinely nice bunch of people there now. Yes if you want the best deal you gota push and haggle hard. I’ve always been happy with the deal in the end. Not first offer though. Bruce is always keen to do a deal. JJH
I bought a 6 week old demo bike there last year, and apart from the comment over the phone that I'd probably never take it off road , I noticed that the shock was corroded in May, 2 months after I bought it. It took until September and the threat of solicitors to get it sorted. I was asked if I dried it before I put it in the shed, and was told the reason they wanted photos of the whole bike was to see what I'd done to it to corrode the shock. Patrick also told me that "a little bit of rust doesn't make the bike not fit for purpose."

Ah friend had a similar experience with corrosion issues. Eveeeeeentually they relented.

Dont think he doesnt want to do a deal he just doesn't have any bikes.

Gs value

I sold my 13 plate LC TE last September on here ,with 10k miles for £7800 Colin came over from Ireland for it.
We were both happy with the deal and yes I would have liked more however the bike sold quite quickly and I have put a deposit on a new Indian FTR.
Sometimes you have to be realistic about values if you want to sell privately.

Brian.

I bought a 6 week old demo bike there last year, and apart from the comment over the phone that I'd probably never take it off road , I noticed that the shock was corroded in May, 2 months after I bought it. It took until September and the threat of solicitors to get it sorted. I was asked if I dried it before I put it in the shed, and was told the reason they wanted photos of the whole bike was to see what I'd done to it to corrode the shock. Patrick also told me that "a little bit of rust doesn't make the bike not fit for purpose."

Surprised. I took in the RT i bought on here, they did an inspection and then changed the engine, gearbox, swingarm, FD.
No questions asked.
It may be that BMW picked up the tab.
Sorry to hear about your experience.
IMO I think they should sponsor you a bike.
Did you try "do you know who I am" :D

Back
Top Bottom