Akrapovic pipe clamp

ShakeyBMW

S K P
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Last year I tried to huy a new exhaust clamp from BMW. They sold me one but it turned out to be for the standard exhaust and is too wide to fit the collar on the Akra. BMW then tell me that the Akra clamp only comes with a new exhaust and isn’t available as a separate spare part :blast

I then bought a 63mm diameter, narrower clamp from Motorworks but having just tried to fit it I find the diameter is about 3mm too small.

In the end I transferred the screw and barrel nuts from the new clamp into the old clamp and all is fine but where do tossers buy 66mm S/S clamps from?

Last year I tried to huy a new exhaust clamp from BMW. They sold me one but it turned out to be for the standard exhaust and is too wide to fit the collar on the Akra. BMW then tell me that the Akra clamp only comes with a new exhaust and isn’t available as a separate spare part :blast

I then bought a 63mm diameter, narrower clamp from Motorworks but having just tried to fit it I find the diameter is about 3mm too small.

In the end I transferred the screw and barrel nuts from the new clamp into the old clamp and all is fine but where do tossers buy 66mm S/S clamps from?
I'd try the 66mm s/s shop, and if they don't have one in stock, either on the internet, or even akrapovic themselves.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Dunno, but my dealer replaced the Akra clamp on mine when they replaced the pipework under warranty. The bolt had rusted solid.

Ta.

Btw, whilst we say “AK-RA-Poh-vitch”, it is apparently pronounced “uh-CRAP-of-itch” and is the name of the company owner

Back
Top Bottom