Insurance renewal woes

Moose

Reaction score
I have just received my 2017 1290 SAS renewal from Carole Nash - up from £387 to £606!!

No accidents or endorsements in the last 12 months.

So which company is recommended to be the most competitve these days?

Otherwise I might be tempted to chop it in for a less desirable bike. :mad:

Try BeMoto via 44 teeth offers.

I have just received my 2017 1290 SAS renewal from Carole Nash - up from £387 to £606!!

No accidents or endorsements in the last 12 months.

So which company is recommended to be the most competitve these days?

Otherwise I might be tempted to chop it in for a less desirable bike. :mad:

I got a renewal from Mckenzie Hodgson. They'd whacked the price up. Went online, got the same policy, same company, massively cheaper.

Nobody auto-renews do they?

I wonder if HRH insurance has gone up I see he's not getting any points on his license! Now if you or I had pulled out in front of someone and caused a BAD smash, do you think we would get away with it?? Doubt it. One rule for they.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got a renewal from Mckenzie Hodgson. They'd whacked the price up. Went online, got the same policy, same company, massively cheaper.

Nobody auto-renews do they?

I wonder if HRH insurance has gone up I see he's not getting any points on his license! Now if you or I had pulled out in front of someone and caused a BAD smash, do you think we would get away with it?? Doubt it. One rule for they.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He no longer has a licence to endorse as he surrendered it. Little point in prosecuting as long as the injured parties have been recompensed by his insurance (probably HM Government, so us)

Haven't you lot got the message yet?

They don't like GS or any Adventure style bikes anymore as the theft risk is too high

So they double your premium in the hope you will fuck off or if you don't then at least they will earn a realistic amount of dosh from the risk of insuring your not so awesome steed

Simple as that

It just a commercial business underwriting decision

Don't take it personally

Think yourself lucky, my GS went up to £1,600...

The guy I bought my Nav VI from also had the same figure on his R1200RS - he sold the bike and bought a old GSXR750 instead, saving £1,100 on the insurance.

Shop around. Return to regular insurer with quote and watch how their offer mysteriously halves from their previous "best possible" price.

Absolute PITA but it's just the way it is now.

which Oil ? Which Tyres ? now which Insurance ?? these are the most popular threads ( about bikes ) on here !

I wait till My renewal comes, shop around then revert back to the original insurer with evidence, as above they seem to be able to drop by half sometimes more ...to match the competitor. Its not business anymore its a Game

I use Go Compare to get a rough idea, then pick the cheapest of the better known insurers.

CN were good to me for a few years, sometimes sent a stupid renewal and then backed off after I did the comparison and phoned to tell the to shove it, now I have 2 bikes with Bennetts and one with Bike Insurer.

None of these fuckers show any loyalty so I just use Go Compare and move the policies every year.

Carol Nash was havin a giraffe this renewal I used The Bike Insurer and halved the premium on Hastings Premier
No claims or change of circumstances on 1200gs lc Rallye

I insured with Devitt (BMW), £495ish renewal, went to Bike Insurer, filled the details in...

Devitt (not BMW) but still Devitt £150ish, add the bits, legal etc.. just over £300

:nenau

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I can get cheaper form the suggested sites, but the bummer is that the cimpulsory excess from them all is £600/£800. My CN renewal is £350.

So, obviously, ride safely and get the costs down.

I deliver blood and SERV insisted we have an advanced test within a reasonable time. I joined the IAM (one off fee, then annual subs). The insurance company they use was cheaper by miles, but doubled the renewal. It was their agent who suggested I went to the MCN site, then send him the lowest quote and they’d matched it. They include Business cover automatically so they were offering me better cover than the lowest price they matched. I can’t see how they could be fairer than that.

My renewal is coming up in June so I hope they treat me as well then. I do factor in my IAM subs when making the comparison, although it’s irrelevant as I would be paying them anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I now have annual any vehicle legal policy, tenner each for me and Mrs. Covers me for 3 bikes and car saving up to £30 per policy. £10 instead of £120 is good!

Back
Top Bottom