my 2015 gs

sutty

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
is in for a 12,000 ml service tomorrow,i had planned on waiting around for 2/3 hrs,few coffees and cake.But i have been told i can use a 1250 to mooch about on for a couple of hrs.Do i just sit in the show room and put calories on or risk being so impressed with the 1250 buy one.:blast

is in for a 12,000 ml service tomorrow,i had planned on waiting around for 2/3 hrs,few coffees and cake.But i have been told i can use a 1250 to mooch about on for a couple of hrs.Do i just sit in the show room and put calories on or risk being so impressed with the 1250 buy one.:blast
Why limit yourself, take it for a blast; then enjoy the coffee and cake.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I had the same concern, and actually wanted to talk figures with the stealer before I rode, hoping it would put me off - he wouldn't, but of course. In the end I was glad I'd taken it out for a 2 hour ride, as for me coming from a 2017.5 there simply wasn't enough in it (especially apparent after getting back on the current bike). Mind you, another hurdle for me has been the excl. and hp colour schemes. I wasn't even particularly wowed by the tft screen either - it was a little 'so what'.

Coming from a 2015 model might be different, due to the improvements made to things like the suspension and gearshift over the period (but unchanged from the 2107.5), plus the nice to haves like hill hold.

I think the biggest problem in spending the hard earned now is the new model that's round that long sweeping bend (wonder if we'll get some snippets of news late this year?).

If you think you might be miffed if you upgraded now, rather than later, then don't do it - but of course, you will :)

RESISTANCE IS FUTILE:thumby:will report back tomorrow,would rather be 300£ lighter rather 7000£ lol

I did this last week, glad to have done so, but not impressed enough to think of change at this stage.
Will the Thought Police be on my case??

thats my thinking,put them side by side and they look identical, apart from the colour.:thumb

Fixed for you. ;)

I took one out, quite liked it, but it wasn’t different enough to the 2017 bike to get me back in the BMW camp. If the cost to change is £7k, save your money and wait for the all new GS, as the model will be due a major update soon enough.

The dealer that I bought my 2015 GS from new, has closed. In all the years I dealt with them, and the money I spent. I was never even offered a cup of coffee. A coffee and biscuit would have been very well received, and appreciated. I don’t know about other bike dealers in Spain, but in a lesson on how not to look after the customer, they certainly took the biscuit. Pun intended.

I have retro fitted hill start, quick shifter ect, to my 2015. I now do all my own services, and have now fitted ohlins back and front......... Have two cups of coffee, drink the bastids dry.......:D

If you ride the bike the engine will impress you, not so much up top but the torque and bottom end to mid range. I traded my 18 plate with tft for a new one which I collect next Friday so the only difference is the engine and warranty and i still bought one.

So beware if you can afford it you will purchase a new bike.

I’m coming from a 2016 and the added benefit of 3yr warranty was a big part for me......having just paid £500 subsidised from £1,575 for rear shock failure... mine was coming up for 24k service and new front discs and pads - so I’ve kidded myself it’s a great financial decision. I like the exclusive colours - reminds me of my 2014 Olive. Collect on the 1st March, after a coffee and biscuit obviously....

ended up using a 2018 adventure not a 1250 (thank fukc) for 3 hrs,i did like the TFT screen,happy with my bike now i have it back.lemon drizzle cake was nice (2 pieces) and a latte. 280£ for the service.

For majority of punters the 1250 is not much of an emotive meant to warrant the change at £7k (in my case), so I ended up jumping ship to the Orange side for a couple of years, until the next generation of big GS bikes will get announced.
It is only a matter of time, the shitcan is a BETA for live “guinea pigs” to test on, once EU5 kicks in at a 100% and all the shitcan issues ironed out, expect for new GS to arrive, following by the rest of boxer line up except R9T range. Unless of cause they will do some magic to get past EU5 regs. Really fancy myself an R9T, just lacking cash to buy one, and as time goes by they will likely to go up in value....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For majority of punters the 1250 is not much of an emotive meant to warrant the change at £7k (in my case), so I ended up jumping ship to the Orange side for a couple of years, until the next generation of big GS bikes will get announced.
It is only a matter of time, the shitcan is a BETA for live “guinea pigs” to test on, once EU5 kicks in at a 100% and all the shitcan issues ironed out, expect for new GS to arrive, following by the rest of boxer line up except R9T range. Unless of cause they will do some magic to get past EU5 regs. Really fancy myself an R9T, just lacking cash to buy one, and as time goes by they will likely to go up in value....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My friend just got an adventure s same as yours from Fowler’s. £14k and % free for 3 years which is a bargain. The looks are so so for me mainly the front end but it’s a lot of bike for the money. Abs failure warnings 20 miles after collecting it has stopped play for now. Seems a fairly common issue, maybe abs module. .Must be the beta test version ;)

I’m in the same situation, but I’m happy to enjoy a ride on a new bike in the knowledge I won’t buy one.

How can I be so sure? I look at the cost to change (about £7000) and ask myself: “What will make me happier? A new bike, or my current bike with £7000 to take me on adventures? Or riding courses? If I had £7000 in my pocket, how far could I ride before I had to turn around and come back?”

That’s enough to convert my fleeting desire for a new toy back into wanderlust.

Back
Top Bottom