Bike show in RDS this weekend

Hatcho

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone tipping in for a look? Might drop by after work on Friday for a wee ganders. Not in the market for anything in particular, just nosey really... :p

I’m going. Buying a ys125 for my 16 year old son. There’s not a lot second hand about so I’ll bite the bullet and spring for a new one. Brings me back 42 years. Anyone remember Honda 125 ss? No aul fella to buy it though. Took me a whole year to kill it. I didn’t have a clue. No helmet. Insurance was £60. JJH

Anyone tipping in for a look? Might drop by after work on Friday for a wee ganders. Not in the market for anything in particular, just nosey really... :p
Give Sheena in Maddocks a shout.......she has some tickets for the Friday.

Sent from a U11

Sunday here as well. I'll be on the look out for some new winter gloves and boots.

Cheers for the tip - have meself sorted for some free Friday passes already.:thumb2

Oh your lucky with the free passes. A few of us are going down on Saturday but the Paypal system will not allow me to buy the tickets online in Euro with my Euro card. It insists in converting to Sterling no doubt with the foreign transaction minimum fee waiting in the wings :D

Oh your lucky with the free passes. A few of us are going down on Saturday but the Paypal system will not allow me to buy the tickets online in Euro with my Euro card. It insists in converting to Sterling no doubt with the foreign transaction minimum fee waiting in the wings :D

Pre Brexit . . . . . . . And when you get to the door there will be a longer entry line as well :beerjug:

There are a number of Jap classics on display from a few individuals - worth a look if you are there! Stands C50 and C52...

Must say there’s a bit missing from the bike show. A good few importers weren’t represented. Pity. I presume the organizers are doing the best with the numbers. There were a lot of people there on freebies. Including the 3 of us. I bought a bike for my son yr125. They’re not afraid to charge in the restaurant. 3 buns 3 teas 2 cold dinners (sausages and chips) €39.95. JJH

Must say there’s a bit missing from the bike show. A good few importers weren’t represented. Pity. I presume the organizers are doing the best with the numbers. There were a lot of people there on freebies. Including the 3 of us. I bought a bike for my son yr125. They’re not afraid to charge in the restaurant. 3 buns 3 teas 2 cold dinners (sausages and chips) €39.95. JJH
I might give it a miss so.
Spend a few hours in the Wicklow mountains instead.

Sent from a U11

The RDS is locked up and all the bikes are gone exept for this lonely Moto Guzzi

Attachments

• 20190301_214254-1152x648.jpg
    20190301_214254-1152x648.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 153
Think i'll pop along on Sunday morning before work. Bring the camera, snap a few of the bikes. Any free tickets for the Sunday a begging?!

Well, I went this morning in the end. I enjoyed the show. Can't really see the point in the 850 gsa. It just seems overly big for the sake of it.

On our way to the show yesterday we crossed the East Link bridge. As we approached the barriers in the left lane (the free lane for bikes) we were stuck behind a truck that was slow to pay . It eventually moved on and we filtered in left to the bike lane.......... suddenly two morons (boy racer types) on bikes sped straight ahead . The front one on a KTM (wearing army trousers and runners) headed straight for the barrier which was still up after the truck. And then . . . . . . . . . . :eek: the automatic barrier dropped and hit the KTM rider in the chest and twisted his mirrors. :augie The barrier immediately gave way and shot out of the way. The stupid rider then continued on down the road and pulled in after 200 m to straighten his mirrors and change his underpants. He must have heard us laughing hysterically as the barrier hit him :D:D:D:D and as we rode past. His bike was a Dublin reg so he knew he was in the wrong lane. It was around 2.25 so if anyone can get the CCTV it is classic material.

Back
Top Bottom