The £8000 GS Adv

Guys - that RT I’ve done up for my mate, how much do you think that’s worth? JB, I’m not hijacking your thread mate, just asking while I have your respected attention in bike values (that goes for you too Tractors :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys - that RT I’ve done up for my mate, how much do you think that’s worth? JB, I’m not hijacking your thread mate, just asking while I have your respected attention in bike values (that goes for you too Tractors :)

Thanks Mark, difficult but....

Around £3k -£4K seems to be the going price, although that won't reflect all the work you have done.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Mmmm Tricky

It's an ex force bike - so good on servicing and poor on hard use

Plus it's non standard which for a solo rider could be a good thing - however a lot of RT's are two up bikes so that rules yours out, without spending on converting it

1100 RT are priced between £1500 90k and poor or £2500 for a 30k low mile fairly mint bike
Your mate won't get the money back he's spent with you and personally I wouldn't be keen on the powder coated spoked wheels
So I reckon £2000 or £2200 on a good day maybe

Thanks pal - appreciate that and I’ll pass on your thoughts

Like if I recall correctly you've said many a time JB, it's only worth what it sells for.. :thumb

That poor bike has not had much pleasure over the years.

A pity as the initial ad for these adventure bikes 15 yrs ago was trying to persuade people to travel to new and unexplored horizons.

Sadly, the ‘G’ nowadays signifies ‘Glam’ and not Gelande in its model category. Even the accessory and clothing markets sell OTT adventure merchandise at ridiculous prices. And if you have the 1200 model, you feel inadequate if it is not festooned with add-ons plus RTW stickers.

On the other hand, maybe I am jealous as I still ride my 02 - 1150GSA which shows a distinct patina of wear and tear; as well as the rider.

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk

Like if I recall correctly you've said many a time JB, it's only worth what it sells for.. :thumb

Exactly...................and sometimes you have lucky days and other days you have unlucky days

There is a bum for every saddle, you just have to match them up correctly (that's the harder bit)

Finding a buyer that is looking for something you've got, is the key to success

Works for me, most of the time:D

That poor bike has not had much pleasure over the years.

A pity as the initial ad for these adventure bikes 15 yrs ago was trying to persuade people to travel to new and unexplored horizons.

Sadly, the ‘G’ nowadays signifies ‘Glam’ and not Gelande in its model category. Even the accessory and clothing markets sell OTT adventure merchandise at ridiculous prices. And if you have the 1200 model, you feel inadequate if it is not festooned with add-ons plus RTW stickers.

On the other hand, maybe I am jealous as I still ride my 02 - 1150GSA which shows a distinct patina of wear and tear; as well as the rider.

Very well put, sir

40-50k miler 'very good condition' GSAs are going for £6k-ish

£2000 more for a lower mileage one in 'pristine' condition?

Sounds a lot, but, if you've been after one with 'everything' and want as 'near to new' as possible...

I'm not sure £8k is right, but I can see it going for £7k+

40-50k miler 'very good condition' GSAs are going for £6k-ish

£2000 more for a lower mileage one in 'pristine' condition?

Sounds a lot, but, if you've been after one with 'everything' and want as 'near to new' as possible...

I'm not sure £8k is right, but I can see it going for £7k+

Please point me towards the buyers of these GSAs.....my (still just sub 20k miles 03 GSA ) didn’t get one single genuine enquiry when I advertised it on here last year. It was on at £5750 if memory serves and will be back up at about £5k in 2 months....unless you find me one of these £8k buyers :beerjug:

Yeah there were a couple of James Sherlock ones for around that over the winter (maybe mileage was more like 30-40k, but certainly they had bigger miles)

I was in the market so looked at lots and was surprised at the asking prices.

I dunno what they actually sold for, if course.

There seems to be some cheaper ones on eBay now, but I guess it depends on the timing... coming into Spring, maybe the market's saturated a little so right now on eBay you've got a pretty wide range.

There's a 16k miler for £7995 too...

(I didn't spent £6k on mine!)

Please point me towards the buyers of these GSAs.....my (still just sub 20k miles 03 GSA ) didn’t get one single genuine enquiry when I advertised it on here last year. It was on at £5750 if memory serves and will be back up at about £5k in 2 months....unless you find me one of these £8k buyers :beerjug:

Wow, that really surprises me.

Back
Top Bottom