nav 6 & 1250 not showing low fuel warning on Nav screen

pbbanks

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a Nav 6 on my 1250gs but it doesn't seem to bring on the fuel icon on the Nav screen when the bike brings on the low fuel warning on the TFT. I used to find it useful on my previous 1200lc as I could just tap the icon on the Nav and get info on the nearest petrol stations.

Has anyone one else with a Nav 6 & 1250gs noticed if the low fuel warning brings on the fuel icon on the Nav 6?.

I know I can press the same info by pressing the "where to" and "fuel station" but it is more awkward to do whilst on the move.

I don't have the nav VI, yet.
However, on the Nav V you need to enter fuel consumption and more into the settings menu on the GPS as the GPS calculates it's own consumption based on this information, I.e it is not getting data from the bike.
May be the Nav VI is different, but worth checking….

I don't have the nav VI, yet.
However, on the Nav V you need to enter fuel consumption and more into the settings menu on the GPS as the GPS calculates it's own consumption based on this information, I.e it is not getting data from the bike.
May be the Nav VI is different, but worth checking….

Got this from the BMW website and my Nav V replicated the bike's fuel light

Is the fuel warning function of the Navigator V linked to the fuel warning light of the K 1600 GT / GTL or the R 1200 GS with navigation preparation mount?

The fuel warning feature of the Navigator V is based on the residual range data of the K 1600 GT / GTL, which is transmitted by the motorcycle. The warning threshold of the navigator can be set individually and functions independently of the reserve lamp on the K 1600 GT / GTL. The fuel warning on the R 1200 GS, on the other hand, is linked to the fuel warning light of the motorcycle. The warning threshold of the Navigator V therefore has no function in conjunction with an R 1200 GS. The fuel warning is emitted together with the reserve warning of the R 1200 GS.

Is the fuel warning function of the Navigator V linked to the fuel warning light of the K 1600 GT / GTL or the R 1200 GS with navigation preparation mount?

The fuel warning feature of the Navigator V is based on the residual range data of the K 1600 GT / GTL, which is transmitted by the motorcycle. The warning threshold of the navigator can be set individually and functions independently of the reserve lamp on the K 1600 GT / GTL. The fuel warning on the R 1200 GS, on the other hand, is linked to the fuel warning light of the motorcycle. The warning threshold of the Navigator V therefore has no function in conjunction with an R 1200 GS. The fuel warning is emitted together with the reserve warning of the R 1200 GS.

Thank you. I learn something new every day :D :thumb

Thanks, wondered what the local settings on the Nav6 for fuel warning were for? , it won;t let you set it when it's on the 1200\1250 so I thought "who wants a fuel warning on the Nav when it's not on the bike" :) . So thats for bikes without the link to the bikes low fuel warning. When on the 1250 it must think it has a trigger from the bike because it won't let you set it on the Nav. Just doesn't trigger the Nav from the 1250.

It seemed to work on my previous 1200gs but I don;t think it works at all on the 1250.

Is it just the 1250 or is it the TFT that has a problem with the fuel warning trigger???. Unless I'm doing something wrong?
Anyone with a 1200 and TFT who can confirm that the low fuel warning comes up on the NAV6 for finding the nearest petrol station ?.

Back
Top Bottom