The Great Escape (and added attractions)

Horni Plana.
746ffcda8fe8e4b80ae34147fde150a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Plan tomorrow is to head to Berchesgarten and then see how it goes.

Neck is painful tonight and if I'm honest I'm still fatigued as opposed to tired, but thankfully I have medicine and eventually get my head down .....
05461a8efcaf437ddc2e40d33091ec4b.jpg

I awake to thick fog so have leisurely breakfast and head off into it.

Clear of the lake and the vis becomes perfect. Tghis along with fab roads makes for a great day.

A quick time and motion study suggests that I wont make Fussen tonight so I enjoy the lakes area and hop into Austria for some passes and valleys.

The weather is great and its a brilliant day.

I book a b and b in a tiny village neat Mayrhoffen and have the most wonderful ride there.

Goulash and another rare beer and again an early night.

Great digs, again dirt cheap out of season.

Tomorrow will be a great day........... the site of the bike chase and it happens to be not far from my favourite road in Europe.

I do something I rarely do and book accommodation already, 24 hrs in advance and for 2 nights.

In the bar over Goulash I make a gps plan for the next few days...............I'm smiling a lot as I enter various points as favourites.............

Sometimes things just make you excited again like a kid at Christmas.

Ignore the distances..............photo was taken later on :)

First job in morning is to take a pic of the hotel my mate stayed at on his honeymoon about 30 years ago, hes the guy who lives in Spain and is in my Morocco trip report. See what I did there, a story Arc........

de5871f634716dd9dfcf32d9729d643a.jpg

Dave's honeymoon digs.

I went in for a coffee but the manager recognised me and started demanding that I give up Dave's whereabouts so they can bill him for 2 x towels and removal of spunk stains from curtains.

Top recall after 30 odd years.............

I sup up and leg it towards Hitlers holiday home.....

f302d587cb4f5245ac7acae051a3c27e.jpg

Onwards through the valleys and hills and arrive Berchtesgaden for lunch

Meet up with a girl who's on a 125 something or other and routing round Europe during school holidays.

I quickly do some maths and realise that this is not a Jimmy Savile moment, (She's a teacher), so I buy her coffee, and fill her tank up for her, suits you sir :)

She's Dutch and super tidy so I'm thinking that like all teachers on the internet she will eventually decide I've been naughty, (Speeding or whatever), and bone me over the table.

Sadly I blow it by pulling out my stolen lunch from hotel. She flicks me a "so you ride a GSA and you're too tight to buy lunch" look.

I counter with a "do you realise how expensive 4l of 95 unleaded are" but the moments gone and sadly the table remains excretion free.

Its a beautiful town but seems really expensive, god bless free breakfasts which translates to me as free breakfast and lunch for next 2 days..

Taking a tour to Hitlers Lair isn't really on time wise and Id worry about bike security so I head off towards my evening stop, just S of Fussen.

On the way with winding roads still set I come across a tiny toll road.

Pretty much single track so I pay and head off..................what a find.

Its beautiful and a quick coffee stop is mandatory............

The road between Stanzach and Berwang is my favourite bit of tarmac in the world.

Always quiet and perfectly surfaced.

My guest house is the Anne Marie and I'm looking forward to 2 nights in same place so no packing repacking boogie every day.

The road is as good as ever and I arrive mid afternoon.

During the last 50 miles or so Im aware of sweat running down my neck so weather must be getting warmer....................possibly.........

Meet up with a girl who's on a 125 something or other and routing round Europe during school holidays.

Taking a tour to Hitlers Lair isn't really on time wise and Id worry about bike security so I head off towards my evening stop, just S of Fussen.

A quality read S92. Commiserations 'Miss Nederlands' didnt reciprocate ;):p

Bertechsgarten well worth seeing (except on bad weather days, when alpine views fail to present) Car / Bike/ Coach park has loadsa folk present. You are obliged to take 'special' bus to top, there's excellent lockers etc at the car park bus station.

Please continue the report :)

Hey her loss eh. She could have had the best 30 secs of GSA action.

Still she did tell me some good Hitler jokes.............

On arrival at Anne Marie I decide as I've been dripping sweat to have a shower and head off for a bimble into village.

I've only ever seen it as I pass by before and its always appeared pretty.

In bathroom I discover that sweat is not the issue.......

Viewer discretion advised......

Not good.

Some of the gaps have opened and I'm oozing blood and smegma of some sort. Not sweat as I'd thought. I'm more alarmed to have soiled the inside of the Klim Jacket.

This needs a fix and a quick one too.

Improvise, Adapt, Overcome.....think....

9abb45ee9cc9314a3cedff959618df54.jpg
0dc9bb52de4ddba473e73c0a65115079.jpg

Alcohol required to clean up.........I'm in a guest house so result......... Madam AM donates some and I clean up as best I can.

I need to dress it too but clearly not a job for a plaster, I need cotton wool.

Madam AM has none but I have light bulb moment and remember carrying Tampons as they make great fire starters, (a great source of cotton wool compressed), did I pack them........... quick look and no.

Trying to do my best Lionel Blair Give Us A Clue and mime "can I have a tampon please" proves tricky and has potential for getting a smack or a kick in the nuts. God bless brad names and I emerge with a few Tampons and my testes unbruised.

An unwrapped tampon, a light neck snood and some bodge tape and I'm up and running.

Dick Van Dyke of the aforementioned Diagnosis Murder would be v impressed.

Quite what my Oncologist will think Ive no idea, but hey is clean and dressed so it works for me.

Ive got a pic somewhere but cant find it, however jumpnig ahead it worked and it stayed un infected and sealed up in good time.

The end result is not especially pretty but my bodge did no real harm and time slipping to now, this is current state. Closed and safe.

For any girls reading, I did this whilst fighting a very large shark who was attacking an old lady crossing the road.

The uneven stubble is as a result of Chemo and Radio battering me, not as a result of getting a shave from Stevie Wonder or trying to be stylish.

90218198122ea527ae3490bd54d4cac6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom