Modified end can... if you just want sound its the way to go.....

... are you trying to make out I'll damage something doing this?? :rolleyes:

No, just that by simply hacking bits out of his exhaust aiming for a noise increase, the average Joe will have no real appreciation of the other effects his modifications might have. A lot of work goes into designing an exhaust to achieve best balance of performance versus external noise. Temperature is also an issue, particularly where a pillion might sit on top of the thing and it's in high position where it may be touched accidentally. I've buggered about with box internals in my youth and loved the new noise, but the effect on performance was quite a different matter. Its all the same to me if you think it makes no difference.

when you 'buggered about' in your youth.. did you re-jet the carbs to make it run right again etc?

do 4 strokes need back pressure... No... they need to get the exhaust away as soon as they can..that’s why the cars at LeMans are so loud.. minimal in the way of silencing.... what does doing this do to your engine.... if you don't re-set the thing it will run lean

I still have a carb bike and love it, but the advantage of what we have now, is you don't have to do this. the ECU will adjust for you (great whilst its working.. jets in carbs don't have diodes fail.. they do block however).

And I do wonder how much testing some companies actually do with silencers. I know from other bikes that most actually reduce your BHP...

TBH, I don't care... it feels good and sounds great. Around town the grin factor has gone up a lot... Will I put my original back on to do Germany this year,,, yes I think I will... but that’s only a 10 min job :)

Thank you for the 2nd video.

Thinking about it, for max throughput 59mm hole is ideal.

You could also just drill a 25mm hole and that increase the noise a little more.
Reason I say is that I have a 25mm 400mm drill bit.

Anyone want to sell me a gs can cheap?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Thank you for the 2nd video.

Thinking about it, for max throughput 59mm hole is ideal.

You could also just drill a 25mm hole and that increase the noise a little more.
Reason I say is that I have a 25mm 400mm drill bit.

Anyone want to sell me a gs can cheap?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Watch out.. there is one on E-bat now but its a scam... 0 feedback.. not a real picture, no replies etc

So today I thought I'd modify my existing end can on the LC, to make it breath a bit better and also give it a better sound.
Linkt to the You Tube vid I did...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buKWEyUT_RY

Its in the garage so the original one sounds quite good, but its actualy made a big improvement in the sound that maybe does not come over from my phone recording... what do you think?

Great so how do you modify it then the video only shows the sound comparison ?

Terry

Great so how do you modify it then the video only shows the sound comparison ?

Terry

You read the full post and follow the link as shown in post 14

Malcopopolo.. you may want to try the 25mm hole and see if you get enough sound. One thing I've noticed about my mod is that the exhaust gas now thumps into the back plate (hence the need to take off the rear internal tubes) and it adds just a bit of vibration.. You can always hole saw after as your in a tube :) That said, if you don't mind feeling the noise as well, get it removed fully ;)

Let us know how you get on and more important, what it sounds like :)

Reminds me of the way I modified the Harley pipes, and to finish it off to get rid of any metal shavings inside, I got a long piece of metal that went as far down the pipe as possible, and added a about 10 little ultra strong magnets on both sides of the metal, then poked the metal bar through the hole, gave the exhaust can a good shake, and the magnets caught quite a few metal shavings, it was the best idea I had at the time.

Reminds me of the way I modified the Harley pipes, and to finish it off to get rid of any metal shavings inside, I got a long piece of metal that went as far down the pipe as possible, and added a about 10 little ultra strong magnets on both sides of the metal, then poked the metal bar through the hole, gave the exhaust can a good shake, and the magnets caught quite a few metal shavings, it was the best idea I had at the time.

Not too sure on this that it matters.. it won't get drawn back but on initial start up, may be a good idea to not put your hand over the end... ;)

It has arrived just drilled half a dozen holes with 7mm drill bit.

will fit later and try the sound in the week...

i can always make the holes bigger:D

Attachments

• exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    234.6 KB · Views: 268
Quite like that method, might just try that on my spare can in the garage...........:beerjug: looking forward to hearing the sound.

Looks good... see if its and more responive or any more vibration... maybe with lots of small holes it won't be :)

Use to own an akrpoviic, sold it as it was a theft magnet and hassle with insurance companies. it looks stock and as i purchased the bike second hand have deniability

Back
Top Bottom