new to me

The aftermarket cover (if standard please correct me) in front of the engine is a sign it's been well cared for.
It looks like good one.

Very nice Dave. I have never owned one, but search ebay for RSs at least once a month. One day...!

Let us know how you get on with it.

A bit 'wooden' after the modern 'bikes, but a lovely 'bike nevertheless ... enjoy :thumb

I had one for a few years, went all over Europe on it, with my missis :D

I even 'modified' the rear swing arm ...

i-ch2Npqf-M.jpg

:beerjug:

Nice one, here's mine

Attachments

• Picture 017.jpg
    Picture 017.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 451
Long legged and good for 1100 miles in a day. I had an RS 1981 vintage before I got my first GS, a very close shave made me realise that for everyday transport in modern traffic better brakes were a bonus! The 'wooden' adjective is a good one, when I went from the RS to the 1150A it was like changing a park bench for a magic carpet! Mine racked up 334,000 trouble free miles and I still got £1800 for her, still on original discs, wheel bearings, clutch.... everything other than service items. I did find the fairing made manoevring in tight spots awkward and caught myself on the edge of the fairing more than once. An iconic bike though and the wind tunnel designing was a step up with Hans Muth at the helm, creating downforce and directional stability. The history of the RS is a great little book.

Back
Top Bottom