RT1250..

busy builder

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looked at one on Friday, can't say I see much difference to my old 2014 RT LE. Except price was close to £19,000.

In my opinion the RT is by far the best tourer on the market.

I can see no reason to upgrade from my 2016, that is if i can avoid taking a test ride.

That was what I though, but there are a lot of improvements from a 2014. I went for a test ride and traded my 2014. My bike arrives the first week in April.

My dealer has “encouraged” me to go test ride the 1250 RT as my pcp deal for my GSA is nearing its end.

I may go but tbh the GSA is fully loaded and I love it. Maybe next year?

I took one out the other week from Williams Mcr,And i couldn't tell much difference from my 16 rt,I'll wait a while till all (if any) recalls are done.

Took one out last year - noticable top end increase.
Btm end (the important one for me) ... no noticable difference
No urge to change (as opposed to when I test drove what I have (2015 LC) vs my older oil cooled model (09 ?))

Looked at one on Friday, can't say I see much difference to my old 2014 RT LE. Except price was close to £19,000.

In my opinion the RT is by far the best tourer on the market.

But it’s such a bloated fat bus you may as well take the car !!

I had an RT a few years back and it was great at going from A to B but that was it .

Best tourer for me is the Kwak H2 SX SE.

It’s still comfy and has toys like cruise/heated grips/panniers yet the ballistic motor and great handling stops you nodding off !! Not great for two up though.

Horses for courses, as usual ....

Good job we are not like you then. Tourer which is not good for two up, interesting concept :)

Hi Arsey, That bikes is not a tourer, it is a sports bike with the ability to eat high miles with ease. BUT, just look at the seating position, the knee bend, the handlebar reach, the windscreen height, the passanger to rider footpeg interference. It is crazy to call it a tourer.

Take a look at the 2 up picture shown on this page.
https://www.kawasaki.co.uk/en/produ...D7WwxbXwpRWlpeDgxeXFELWgpRCgxQDV4KXV1fUVxdCgw

Hi Arsey, That bikes is not a tourer, it is a sports bike with the ability to eat high miles with ease. BUT, just look at the seating position, the knee bend, the handlebar reach, the windscreen height, the passanger to rider footpeg interference. It is crazy to call it a tourer.

Take a look at the 2 up picture shown on this page.
https://www.kawasaki.co.uk/en/produ...D7WwxbXwpRWlpeDgxeXFELWgpRCgxQDV4KXV1fUVxdCgw

I can understand your points and many wouldn’t think of it as a tourer but I did 2500 miles on mine to Spain and back and it was more comfortable than my RT ever was .

The screen is lowish but it diverts wind to your torso which in turn keeps weight off your lower back , unlike being on an RT where back ache sets in after a long day .

But yes, those on here who buy an RT won’t be in the market for such a bike . Shame though .

I rode my (highly tuned) ex race CCM Supermoto across France to Barcelona and back by sticking lights on it and making it road legal.

I rode a 49cc Tomos from Bilbao to Tarragona and back to Bilbao again.

Both were capable of those trips and both were great fun on those trips and brought their own enjoyment in their own way.

Neither of them are tourers.

Andres

I rode my (highly tuned) ex race CCM Supermoto across France to Barcelona and back by sticking lights on it and making it road legal.

I rode a 49cc Tomos from Bilbao to Tarragona and back to Bilbao again.

Both were capable of those trips and both were great fun on those trips and brought their own enjoyment in their own way.

Neither of them are tourers.

Andres

I took a Busa on a similar journey but had a butt pug inserted and hired some Moldovian ex-special service guys to drive ahead of me and beat the shit out of me at every fuel stop.

You try telling the kids of today:D

Back
Top Bottom